Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 100% Pure Powder, 4 oz (113 g)

Reviews 2-star

Doesn't dissolve in water

Posted by Reviewer1125938 on Sep 18, 2010

I'm certain the quality of this product is just fine, but it does not dissolve in water at all. I end up choking down a gritty mess each day. I like the capsules much better for this product.

Does not dissolve

Posted by aRPiieS on Aug 12, 2011

This tyrosine does not dissolve into water at all, even if it is boiling hot or very acidic, I just wonder if it dissolves in my stomach either. Too much tyrosine results hyperthyroidism/thyroxine over production, be aware!!! If you do not use fluoride and your thyroid gland functions properly, avoid this, most likely you get all the tyrosine you need from food.

taste bitter!

Posted by Reviewer2364573 on Feb 18, 2012

this tastes very bitter! But my boyfriend is using it.

Gritty Texture

Posted by Reviewer2611598 on Apr 12, 2014

I ordered this product based on the recommendations of my Nutritionist. I have an extremely dry palate, due to radiation treatment from Throat Cancer many years ago, so all supplements or medications must be reduced to powder, before I can swallow them successfully. However, I found this product to be on the gritty side, like there were little flecks of sandpaper floating around in my mouth. Despite, the fact, that I was able to dissolve it successfully, in a liquid. I almost felt like I had to get out my mini blender to pulverize it a little more, because it left behind too many granules on my tongue. I will not order this product, from this company again.