Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Good value.

Posted by Reviewer1842198 on Aug 24, 2009

I've been taking L-Tyrosine for about 6 months for low thyroid function and notice a HUGE difference in my symptoms. Hair loss has diminished, depression is under control, skin dryness has improved...and I take no other medication for any of these things! I would highly recommend this product for anyone who suspects low thyroid function to be an issue.

L-Tyrosine

Posted by Reviewer2145115 on Jun 20, 2009

Amazing! Within one week my mood was stable and much imroved. The doc suggested anti-depressants- didn't want to go that route. Nutritionist suggested L-Tyrosine with a B-complex and C. Miracle! Truly. Love NOW brand.

so far so good after 2 weeks

Posted by Reviewer1279741 on Jun 22, 2008

I've been taking this for 2 weeks as part of the basic program in Dr. Priscilla Slagle's book "They Way Up From Down" (available as a free eBook on her website). So far so good. I take one first thing in the morning and one mid-afternoon, as specified in her plan. I have noticeably more stable moods. So I have to believe the Tyrosine is doing it's part, and at this time I feel no need to up the dosage. In fact, I decided to increase to 2 in the morning for a few days but decided to go back down to 1 since I was getting a little too "up" mid-morning. Now Foods had the best price a few weeks ago when I ordered and I can vouch for it, as well as the 3 other Now supps I take: Adam Men's Multi, Magnesium Citrate tabs, and Lecithin granules.

Not hypoallergenic - suggest powder instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 10, 2014

The label says - 'magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and stearic acid (vegetable source)' - uh, which 'vegetable source'? Even removed from the capsule this powder with added 'vegetable source' stearic acid causes me to wheeze. Also - suggest anyone taking tyrosine for pigmentation issues look into the copper enzymes tyrosinase/catechol oxidase and avoid enzyme deactivators/chelators such as EDTA, citrates, etc in all products (including skin/hair care). Manganese is another mineral essential for pigmentation and collagen. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2021400 on Feb 10, 2009

This product was on a list of recommended products for thyroid patients in a book I read. I have found this product to be really helpful. In fact, I ran out of it and waited a while before ordering. I could tell a difference. My mind seems clearer when I'm taking this product. I'm not sure exactly what it does but it seems to help me.