Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Not hypoallergenic - suggest powder instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 10, 2014

The label says - 'magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and stearic acid (vegetable source)' - uh, which 'vegetable source'? Even removed from the capsule this powder with added 'vegetable source' stearic acid causes me to wheeze. Also - suggest anyone taking tyrosine for pigmentation issues look into the copper enzymes tyrosinase/catechol oxidase and avoid enzyme deactivators/chelators such as EDTA, citrates, etc in all products (including skin/hair care). Manganese is another mineral essential for pigmentation and collagen. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

The combination works!

Posted by Reviewer1411287 on Sep 08, 2009

Recently I added :-Tyrosine to my daily 400mg of 5-HTP. i've noticed an improvement in my mood and mental clarity just in time for my college classes to start back up! Along with Ashwagandha, these herbs have saved me from tremendous synthetic pharmaceutical drug bills and side effects. Thank you iHerb !

Amazing stimulant

Posted by Reviewer2760149 on May 11, 2010

Possibly one of the best supplement I've taken. I take 4 of these in the morning and quickly find my thinking faster and my memory improved. I take another 2 pills later in the afternoon. Sometimes I'll take 4 pills right before a social event to make myself outgoing and chatty. Works great! It is best to take this with a B complex for maximum absorption.

Great for Fatigue Syndrome

Posted by Reviewer2998007 on Feb 05, 2011

When I first was diagnosed with fatigue syndrome and low adrenal output, nothing made the difference as much as L-tyrosine. Though it was not a cure, it gave me enough physical energy to make life a whole lot better. Taken with 5 HTP, it is a powerful tool for overall well being. However, after three years of being on L-Tyrosine, I found my pulse rate increased. I had restored my natural tolerance and no longer needed it. My heart rate returned to normal after discontinuing use. I suggest both be taken under a health practitioner's guidance.

L-Tyrosine by Now Foods

Posted by sweden on Apr 12, 2013

Debilitated by ME (it's like Chronic Fatigue but it starts with a bad flu-like illness), I've spent years hardly able to leave my home due to fatigue. I've tried many products for it, but none really helped much. After taking Now Foods' Super Cortisol, Fo Ti (Nature's Way Fo-Ti Root and then Paradise Herbs Fo-Ti), and Now Foods' L-Tyrosine for 2 weeks, I perked up during the day and began needing considerably less sleep at night. These products are the only changes I've made in my life. (I take the maximum dosage given on each bottle.) I can't say if it's one of these products or the combination, but my energy level has increased considerably and my foggy brain has cleared. To anyone experiencing fatigue and/or brain fog, I'd suggest reading up on each of the products I've been using, then testing with one or all. It could take longer for you than it has for me, so don't give up!