Effective in combo with DL-Phenylalanine

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Nov 02, 2012

Using Julia Ross's The Mood Cure, I decided to try this together with a 500-mg tablet of DL-Phenylalanine to (1) lift my mood, which tends to be depressive and (2) lift my energy, which is similarly low. I take it once a day with a vit C tablet and a B-complex capsule, within 5 minutes of waking up in the morning. The effect is amazing: energises both my mind and body. For me it's better than any anti-depressant or cups of black coffee, and no side effects. I wouldn't be caught without it! Note: you can take it more often but preferably not after early afternoon because the energising effect is likely to give you insomnia. Once a day seems the perfect amount for me because ironically, when I tried it twice a day, it actually made me feel tired. So more is not necessarily better, although every person needs to find the right dose for themselves.

l-tyrosine

Posted by ling76 on Aug 11, 2012

These made me very tierd. Was hoping for the oposite effect as I bought it because of my CFS.

Mood Enhancer / Stress relief

Posted by Reviewer2238657 on Jun 06, 2009

After two years of being under a lot of stress, I read in the book "Magnificent Mind At Any Age", that L-Tyrosine is highly reccomended for stress relief. WOW, it has made a huge difference in the way I feel. I wish I had known about this years ago.

Not hypoallergenic - suggest powder instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 10, 2014

The label says - 'magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and stearic acid (vegetable source)' - uh, which 'vegetable source'? Even removed from the capsule this powder with added 'vegetable source' stearic acid causes me to wheeze. Also - suggest anyone taking tyrosine for pigmentation issues look into the copper enzymes tyrosinase/catechol oxidase and avoid enzyme deactivators/chelators such as EDTA, citrates, etc in all products (including skin/hair care). Manganese is another mineral essential for pigmentation and collagen. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Get up & go + Focus

Posted by Reviewer2007535 on Jul 22, 2010

Augments antidepressants well & totally safely. Also really helps with my ADHD. I notice the difference when I don't take it. I recommend this to anyone with anergic depression and/or ADHD. Does not seem to increase anxiety. Recharges your dopamine reserves after amphetamine/methylphenidate use (no come-downs!!!). I'm now never without it!

swell! Energy and focus!

Posted by madamechausseurs on Jan 02, 2012

Bought this for adult ADD symptoms and the resultant anxiety/lack of energy. After 2 weeks I can say I think it's working very well! I have more motivation, energy and ability to finish things I usually would forget or drop. Female 5'4" and I take 4 pills/day (2000mg). I'm less overwhelmed and discouraged too. LOVE it!

Awesomeness in a Bottle

Posted by 5135912271604025277 on Oct 15, 2013

I was diagnosed this year with depression, anxiety and bipolar and did not like being the medications. I discussed with my doctor coming off of the meds and though the dosage was reduced I stopped taking them all together. Though my triggers were not there and I felt I was coping ok, I got feedback from those around me that I still didn't appear present. I had a lack of interest in things, suffered from the blues and felt a lot of low moods. In my reading on natural supplements I found L-Tyrosine and have been taking it in the mornings before breakfast. At night I take 5-HTP 50mg, I felt the difference within the first week! I'm more balanced with my moods, sleep well and even have the motivation to get into my exercise routine. I do feel more mentally alert and ready to get back into activities I previously lost interest in (of course during this time, I also started going back to my therapist).I strongly recommend these products and advise not to mix with prescription drugs.

Helps with adrenal fatigue

Posted by cristal on Jan 04, 2011

My doctor told me to start with 1 before bkfast and 1 before lunch (empty stomach) and to increase every three days (as needed to fight fatigue) up to 3 before bkfast and 3 before lunch. I made way up to the highest dose and it was WAY too much. I was clenching my jaws and getting headaches. I am back down to 1-2 a day (total) and am pleased.

Focus...Yes

Posted by Reviewer1264209 on Nov 18, 2009

This product was recommended along with 5-HTP for help with ADD symptoms of not having good focus. I am tremendously happy. It works!

the FOG is lifting...

Posted by sincerelysarah on May 15, 2012

I'm taking this within the following combination:Doctor's Best Best L-Tryptophan-500 mg, Now Foods-L-Tyrosine-500 mg. and Now Foods 5-HTP-100 mg. I found that I MUST take them before bed, but I do seem to sleep very well with them. What I noticed in the last couple weeks is that I am more perceptive, alert and decisive than usual. I feel like I'm coming out of the "FOG" so-to-say.