Get up & go + Focus

Posted by Reviewer2007535 on Jul 22, 2010

Augments antidepressants well & totally safely. Also really helps with my ADHD. I notice the difference when I don't take it. I recommend this to anyone with anergic depression and/or ADHD. Does not seem to increase anxiety. Recharges your dopamine reserves after amphetamine/methylphenidate use (no come-downs!!!). I'm now never without it!

A Definite Keeper for ADHD/Bipolar diagnosis

Posted by Reviewer1322482 on Mar 08, 2011

My son was taken Seroquel for years and last year we noticed that he started displaying a nervous tic. I immediately halted the Seroquel and gave him this and the Bio-Chem NAC Cysteine. Since taking it, he is calmer, more mellow and less anxious. He is actually more pleasant to be around. I'm so glad, that I researched the natural platform and preserved his behavior, where he would not be targeted because of those bothersome tics.

Effective in combo with DL-Phenylalanine

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Nov 02, 2012

Using Julia Ross's The Mood Cure, I decided to try this together with a 500-mg tablet of DL-Phenylalanine to (1) lift my mood, which tends to be depressive and (2) lift my energy, which is similarly low. I take it once a day with a vit C tablet and a B-complex capsule, within 5 minutes of waking up in the morning. The effect is amazing: energises both my mind and body. For me it's better than any anti-depressant or cups of black coffee, and no side effects. I wouldn't be caught without it! Note: you can take it more often but preferably not after early afternoon because the energising effect is likely to give you insomnia. Once a day seems the perfect amount for me because ironically, when I tried it twice a day, it actually made me feel tired. So more is not necessarily better, although every person needs to find the right dose for themselves.

L-Tyrosine

Posted by EirikCor on May 01, 2012

My doctor prescribed me l-phenylanine to help me deal with moodswings after hard workout/tournaments. Since its cheaper for me to order it from iherb, than buy with prescription at pharmacy here, i bought both l-phenylanine and "just for fun" l-tyrosine. The l-phenylanine gave me a bad headache, while l-tyrosine somehow (and very unexpected) brought relive to the mood swings (and yes, i know it shouldnt -but it does) ..so, thumbs up L-Tyrosine.

l-tyrosine

Posted by ling76 on Aug 11, 2012

These made me very tierd. Was hoping for the oposite effect as I bought it because of my CFS.

Heart Smart

Posted by Reviewer2757004 on Jul 05, 2009

Tyrosine is great for stress. An herbalist recommended it for calming nerves. It is also great for the thyroid, depending on the issue. I feel very calm in spite of stressful situations when I use tyrosine. I-Herb always delivers fast so no complaints!

Good

Posted by Reviewer2426473 on Jul 14, 2011

It seems to make my mom less stressed from the daily work which is what I bought this for.

Energy improved!

Posted by Reviewer1871866 on Oct 06, 2009

When I notice my energy low, I will take 1 capsule on an empty stomach and this greatly helps. Also, I'm more alert! NOW is my favorite brand. No gluten in the ingredients!

5 stars

Posted by Reviewer2499282 on Mar 21, 2010

tyrosine (along with a ton of other supplements) helps me fend off severe depression. it really seems to boost my mood and energy levels.

Helps with my hair loss and moods...

Posted by Reviewer2791673 on Jan 30, 2010

Tyrosine was recommended to reduce my hair loss and it has helped! Not to mention reduces moodiness. I notice a difference when I forget to take it.