Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Not hypoallergenic - suggest powder instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 10, 2014

The label says - 'magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and stearic acid (vegetable source)' - uh, which 'vegetable source'? Even removed from the capsule this powder with added 'vegetable source' stearic acid causes me to wheeze. Also - suggest anyone taking tyrosine for pigmentation issues look into the copper enzymes tyrosinase/catechol oxidase and avoid enzyme deactivators/chelators such as EDTA, citrates, etc in all products (including skin/hair care). Manganese is another mineral essential for pigmentation and collagen. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

L-Tyrosine 500 mg

Posted by Reviewer2250035 on Oct 09, 2008

Use one of these daily along with 500mg of Rhodiola, 250 mg of DMAE and 300mg of Phosphatidyl Serine for stress and brain function. It's helping for stress. Hoping after longer use, it will do even better for my brain fog.

Mood Enhancer / Stress relief

Posted by Reviewer2238657 on Jun 06, 2009

After two years of being under a lot of stress, I read in the book "Magnificent Mind At Any Age", that L-Tyrosine is highly reccomended for stress relief. WOW, it has made a huge difference in the way I feel. I wish I had known about this years ago.

5 stars

Posted by Reviewer2499282 on Mar 21, 2010

tyrosine (along with a ton of other supplements) helps me fend off severe depression. it really seems to boost my mood and energy levels.

L-Tyrosine by Now Foods

Posted by sweden on Apr 12, 2013

Debilitated by ME (it's like Chronic Fatigue but it starts with a bad flu-like illness), I've spent years hardly able to leave my home due to fatigue. I've tried many products for it, but none really helped much. After taking Now Foods' Super Cortisol, Fo Ti (Nature's Way Fo-Ti Root and then Paradise Herbs Fo-Ti), and Now Foods' L-Tyrosine for 2 weeks, I perked up during the day and began needing considerably less sleep at night. These products are the only changes I've made in my life. (I take the maximum dosage given on each bottle.) I can't say if it's one of these products or the combination, but my energy level has increased considerably and my foggy brain has cleared. To anyone experiencing fatigue and/or brain fog, I'd suggest reading up on each of the products I've been using, then testing with one or all. It could take longer for you than it has for me, so don't give up!