Cool stuff

Posted by filmoyster on May 01, 2009

The only drawback is that there is a white residue, but otherwise it is an amazing product. I am just constantly surprised at how it keeps body odor away for days at a time. I do a 5th or 6th day application (instead of 7th) to be on the safe side.

Totally ineffective

Posted by Reviewer1639561 on Feb 11, 2008

Due to underarm sensitivity, I was looking for a gentle and effective deodorant - preferably one without aluminum. Lavilin looked to be the answer. After reading the other reviews, I decided to bite the rather expensive "bullet". Unfortunately my experience was identical to one of the other reviewers: This product had absolutely no effect - underarm odor became evident less than 24 hours after application. The next day I showered thoroughly and reapplied the cream (fairly heavily I might add), but the odor returned by the following morning. Since then I applied one of the deodorant stone products and have had no return of odor. For me, this product is worthless. P.S. My rating would be 0 stars, but 1 is the lowest allowed.

not a miracle for me

Posted by Reviewer1336522 on Mar 17, 2008

I read about how you can go on for several days without applying deodorant - what an amazing thing to be able to do that, all without the nasty stuff in conventional deodorant/anti-perspirants. However, I have had mixed results with this product. I had one day where I applied it and within a couple of hours I was smelling something funky from my arm pits. For the most part I can only get 36 hours from this cream. I have tried all sorts of variables: not scrubbing during shower (and later not even soaping that area), not shaving, putting it on at night, applying liberally, applying sparingly, and not using other deodorants 48 hours prior. In short, I think I've tried them all, and I get the same result: about 36 hours. Don't get me wrong, going 24 hours without any odor is worlds better than the toxic junk you get in drugstores. I just wish my body chemistry would comply for 7 days. At this price, however, you're probably better off using Now's Deodorant Cream. You can use it every day (as opposed to Lavilin's directions to not use more than every 48 hours), and costs much less.

best I've found

Posted by Reviewer2364518 on Dec 10, 2008

I can not use traditional deodorants because of skin reaction. Lavilin works great and doesn't bother my skin.

Lavilin is great!

Posted by Reviewer2534564 on Mar 04, 2007

Several years ago I had to quit wearing regular deodorant--my underarms broke out in a rash that I could not get cleared up as long as I continued to wear regular deodorant. I read an article about Lavilin and tried it. It was great! No rash, no odor, and I only use it once or twice a week. Absolutely the best and I will continue using it always.

Very disappointed.

Posted by Reviewer1678106 on Aug 23, 2007

I decided to try Lavilin when my Crystone stick lost its effectiveness as the weather got warmer. I followed the instructions to the letter, including the 48 hours of no deodorant before using it the first time, but I began to notice body odor on the very first afternoon! It was no better than using nothing. I even gave it a second chance, and had the same results the second time. Based on the review I saw here, I was really looking forward to good results. Since then, I've read reviews elsewhere from people who have used the product for years and say that the formula has changed. They say it worked like a charm when it was in the black packaging, but when they changed the packaging they changed the product and it no longer works for them. It was a very expensive lesson I learned, at $18.20 with shipping.

The only underarm deodorant to use.

Posted by Reviewer1032424 on Jun 15, 2008

We have been using this product for 15 years. We could never be without it. We go six to seven days without worries. No staining of garments and no aluminum to worry about. The mere thought of having to go back to the roll-on stuff is frightening. The other thing to note is iHerb has the best price!!

Lavilin underarm deodorant cream

Posted by Reviewer1541165 on Mar 03, 2010

I am delighted with this deodorant. I tend to sweat alot and a tiny amount of Lavilin keeps me odour free for more than a week. It's so great not to be applying loads of chemicals to my skin every day.Thankyou for making it available to me in the UK.

We like it - for the most part.

Posted by Reviewer1311402 on Apr 21, 2008

My family and I have enjoyed using your product. Although my son is going through puberty and required a few more applications than the rest of us, we still were excited about using some thing that's all natural. Sincerely, The Miles Family

Lavillin Underarm Deodorant Cream

Posted by Reviewer2187681 on Nov 29, 2008

I was not satisfied with this product. I don't have a particularly bad time with odor; often can skip deodorant and not have a problem until late the next day. I don't even need to reapply deodorant at the end of the day before a workout. This product did not protect me against odor at all, let alone for 7 days.