| English
| USD ($)

Now Foods, Licorice Root, 450 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Helping me survive adrenal fatigue

Posted by Reviewer1660870 on Mar 14, 2010

This has been helping me survive my low adrenal secretions/adrenal fatigue over the last 4 months. It makes a definite and marked difference. You have to measure to find the level that's right for you. Too low and I get back aches and poor, light sleep. Too high and I also get poor - deep and very short sleep. The amount I currently take is 7 caps after breakfast. I don't take this with milk as Dr Baschetti advised. I tried that by breaking and disolving the caps in milk, but it works just as well taken once after breakfast as capsules. One other point: I recently learned that my adrenal fatigue may be due to very poor glucose metabolism and accompanying chromium deficiency. Apparently these 2 factors could really overwork the adrenals. Given my family history that will be worth investigating. So basically I'm using licorice to manage my symptoms while continuing to search for root the cause of my exhausted adrenals.

Read my review for the full information - POSITIVE !

Posted by Reviewer2960855 on Feb 22, 2010

I'm very satisfied with this Licorice Root. It has successfully fight the Herpes Virus. I've done some research on dosages, and anyone who takes this much not take more than 200mg daily, for a prolonged period of time. I would personally recommend splitting the capsule in four dosages, or preferably in three if you are able to figure out how to do it. Taking licorice root has downsides, for instance your body will retain salt/sodium, there for you must cut back very seriously on salt while taking this. Your body may also retain fluids (fluid retention). For those who have high blood pressure, it is highly inadvisable to take licorice root, and it might also be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor - hopefully they'll have the adequate knowledge.

adrenal fatigue help

Posted by Reviewer1462453 on Sep 16, 2008

This product has been great for my adrenal fatigue and is helping me wean off hydro cortisone as a treatment. I feel much better after a couple of weeks.

Low blood pressure

Posted by Reviewer1481932 on Oct 20, 2010

I had my thyroid removed and since then my blood pressure is always quite low which equals low energy level, being that licorice root can raise blood pressure i started taking it and was surprised at how much my energy level has gone up.

Adrenal support

Posted by Reviewer1740905 on Oct 20, 2007

Great help with low blood pressure, MS, and adrenal fatigue