Important Product!

Posted by Reviewer1354356 on Dec 18, 2007

I've read that organ meats have more nutrients than muscle meats. Liver sure has been amazing for me. Everyday I feel a hum of energy that just keeps going. I recommend cooking it first as I've read there's an allowable bacteria count in supplements though its very low. Its not bad as a broth or mixed in brown rice. Much easier to take than whole liver. Its tough to get this kind of nutrition in regular foods. This could be the edge you've been looking for.

helps with hypothyridism

Posted by Reviewer1689881 on May 29, 2007

This product has really improved my hypothyroidism. I guess I am different than the previous reviewer; the only way I can take it is with tomato juice, it hides the bad taste really well. I wish the iron content would be listed, though, if it really is an issue.

liver powder

Posted by Reviewer2985503 on Aug 19, 2009

I really noticed improved skin color....I just looked brighter and healthier,fresher. My lips seemed redder. I fill OO gelatin capsules with the powder, its very easy to take that way.

Now foods liver powder works for me

Posted by Reviewer1403926 on Jul 23, 2010

I have been using the liver powder for about a year now. When I retired at age 55 two years ago I bought a bowflex machine and started working out. I wasn't able to make any significant progress until I started using this product.

Prefer tablets - but like that it's non-defatted and has no added junk

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 19, 2013

I found this powder very hard to do anything with. It's a bit rough to get down on its own. I'd rather take it compressed into a tablet. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Quality Product

Posted by Reviewer3007388 on Oct 24, 2010

Taste bad, but makes you feel good.

This is hands down the best product for vitality

Posted by Reviewer2319370 on May 19, 2007

I love this stuff. Feel so much better when I take it. I put a tablespoon of the po0wder in my mouth, hold my breath, and swig it down with a couple gulps of water. This takes nerve, but the results are so good you actually get to like it.WHATEVER YOU DO--DO NOT MIX WITH TOMATO JUICE--the resulting slush is so thick I guarantee you won't be able to keep it down. So, if you have to mix it with something, mix it with some THIN liquid. Of course, I don't mix it with liquid, prefer to just slug it down in a lump, without breathing. I can certainly understand where some might be repelled by this revelation, but it has given me stamina through some incredibly chaotic, difficult times. Be careful if you have high iron levels, though.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2147402 on Nov 04, 2007

This product has transformed my life. I was always exhausted and went through a period where I could barel keep my eyes open. After a week or so on the Now Foods Liver Powder, I can stay awake longer than anyone in my family!

Convenient Way To Get Liver

Posted by Reviewer1000115 on Mar 26, 2013

I am taking this because I have all of the symptoms of iron deficiency. I have ridges/lines in my very thin fingernails, fatigue, shortness of breath, cold hands and feet along with feeling cold overall most of the time and a few other symptoms as well. After reading all of the precautions of taking an iron supplement and the dangers of iron accumulating in the brain and joints I've decided consuming liver powder is the way to go to treat my symptoms. This really doesn't taste bad mixed with tomatoe juice or vegetable juice. I have read that it takes a good 90 days to produce new blood cells and so I just need to be patient and consistent with using the liver powder everyday. So far I haven't taken it enough on a consistent basis, but I have noticed an immediate increase in body temp. It really warms me up quite nicely. And my overall circulation seems much better. I've also noticed a boost in my libido and a lot more color to my pale skin. I'm hoping as time goes on that I will feel stronger as well.

not so yummy

Posted by Reviewer2545350 on Aug 02, 2009

this stuff is not so yummy but a great protein substitute for infants. they don't seem to mind the flavor; very affordable and convenient