Now Foods, Liver Powder, 12 oz (340 g)

healthy pick-me-up

Posted by Reviewer1035162 From Oregon on Jan 17, 2011

I was so excited to discover NOW's desiccated liver powder. I used desiccated liver years ago when my children were younger and energy demands were high. Now, with 32 grand children (and more on the way), energy demands remain high, but I could not find liver powder for years. My sister let me know she had found some online and I ordered four containers. The liver powder is just as I remembered it and it gives me the needed energy boost without the nervous effect caffeine drinks tend to give. I mix 1 tablespoon liver powder and 1 tablespoon protein powder in milk, as in years gone by. I don't mind the flavor at all. Thanks, NOW for a making this desiccated liver powder available!

You get used to the taste

Posted by Reviewer2292722 From Netherlands on Nov 07, 2008

I take one spoon every day and I give a small amount to my dog too. She loves it! I like the advise of another customer to put the liver in your mouth and drink it away with water. If you don't want to taste or smell anything, try only to breathe through your mouth and not through your nose. I almost don't taste anything if I do that.

Liver powder

Posted by Reviewer3106777 From Florida on Dec 02, 2008

Excellent service, fair prices. We use the product to make dog "yummies", which our dog definitely thinks are YUMMY.

Liver powder Now

Posted by Reviewer1037154 From Pennsylvania on May 06, 2009

Tastes great in juice or milk and is a good energy boost.

Powdered Desiccated Liver

Posted by Reviewer1191402 From California on Nov 29, 2007

The desiccated liver is some of the best I have used. There is a capsule in the liver to make sure it stays dry. I have never seen this in any powdered liver I have taken. If you want a boost try a couple of tablespoons a day.