Good for keeping Calcium where you want it and not where you do not

Posted by NBPT100 on Aug 24, 2013

Vit K2 is great for directing calcium into your bones and keeps it from going into your soft tissues. If you have a soft tissue injury, calcium can deposit at the injury site causing healing issues. Vit K2 will prevent that. It also keeps calcium from building up in your arteries. You don't want that! This is how athletes like distance runners have heart attacks. They take in too much calcium and not enough magnesium and K2. I was diagnosed with calcific deposites in my rototor cuff tendon. It has been debilitating. I took this for a few months and my shoulder injury is finally improving. I found the most benefit when I trippled the dose to 300mg a day. For maintenance 100-200mg should be good. This is the MK7 version of K2 vs. the MK4. The MK4 type has a shorter half life so you need to take more of it to get the same effect. I found taking 3 pills a day of this MK7 product is working well for my shoulder issue. For maintenance I will dial it back to 1 a day. Although this is a fat soluable vitamin there is no research suggesting any toxicity issues. People should feel safe taking 2 or 3 of these a day. There is a prominent ND in Canada who has researched this topic and has come to this conclusion. To help insure calcium is absorbed into the bone and teeth take K2 with your Cal/Mag. I gave this 4 stars because contains soy which some people need to avoid. It is not a lot but people need to be aware of it. If a small amount of soy is not an issue for you this is an excellent choice. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Also, helpful "Yes" votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

Natural form of K2 but slightly low dose

Posted by Reviewer2534376 on Jun 09, 2014

Yes this is the natural form of K2 (MK7) but having compared it to the synthetic form (5 mg) and Natto the dose seems a little too low. I take some Natto about once a week to keep my levels up... but if I don't the plaque on the back of my teeth comes back. Nonetheless I'm sure it's working even at this tiny dose... as if I don't take it the plaque comes back even faster. Wish they'd bring out a 200 ug dose... as this would probably be sufficient. A slightly bigger bottle of the stuff would be nice... as 60 tabs doesn't last very long... and starts to get expensive real fast. Nonetheless this is currently my favourite K2... as the 5 mg K2 (MK4) synthetic while effective is not as nice and the effects don't last as long ie. K2 Mk7 has more persistence in the body. :-)

Comparison

Posted by Reviewer2555447 on Apr 18, 2015

If you belong to consumer labs you will know some supplements can contain more or less of stated contents, some rarely contain none like on a vitamin d and k2 supplement review recently one product contained no k2 at all, this now brand certainly does i know this because it effects my I,N.R slightly which i monitor myself being on warfarin, i take this because of the links of warfarin to calcification of the arteries it works on rats so i live in hope.

Good value

Posted by 5518062310457587650 on May 21, 2015

If you want vitamin K2, then this product is right for you. No side effects. Good value.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1354992 on Sep 24, 2014

Good, powerful K-2 vitamin and not too expensive either. Recommended!

Not sure

Posted by CIPRIAN on Jan 11, 2013

Quality seems ok, but I can not say i see quick results. It may help in the very long term.

fairly good price for K2

Posted by Reviewer2255839 on Aug 02, 2013

this is the best price and quality I have so far found for K2 MK7 form. I use it to have with my vitamin D3. I wish k2 was cheaper but alas they all seem pretty expensive.

K-2

Posted by 4825589818657638764 on Mar 27, 2014

I am middle aged, so i decided to take this vitamins to improve my bone condition. I belive that it works but i didn't checked it yet at my doctor.

comments

Posted by 5019708044195734966 on Jul 11, 2013

sorry have not tried this product.

good

Posted by Reviewer2065993 on Feb 13, 2015

good quality. but they dont mention where they are extracting the K2 from