July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, MK-7, Vitamin K-2, 100 mcg, 60 Veggie Caps

Good for keeping Calcium where you want it and not where you do not

Posted by NBPT100 on Aug 24, 2013

Vit K2 is great for directing calcium into your bones and keeps it from going into your soft tissues. If you have a soft tissue injury, calcium can deposit at the injury site causing healing issues. Vit K2 will prevent that. It also keeps calcium from building up in your arteries. You don't want that! This is how athletes like distance runners have heart attacks. They take in too much calcium and not enough magnesium and K2. I was diagnosed with calcific deposites in my rototor cuff tendon. It has been debilitating. I took this for a few months and my shoulder injury is finally improving. I found the most benefit when I trippled the dose to 300mg a day. For maintenance 100-200mg should be good. This is the MK7 version of K2 vs. the MK4. The MK4 type has a shorter half life so you need to take more of it to get the same effect. I found taking 3 pills a day of this MK7 product is working well for my shoulder issue. For maintenance I will dial it back to 1 a day. Although this is a fat soluable vitamin there is no research suggesting any toxicity issues. People should feel safe taking 2 or 3 of these a day. There is a prominent ND in Canada who has researched this topic and has come to this conclusion. To help insure calcium is absorbed into the bone and teeth take K2 with your Cal/Mag. I gave this 4 stars because contains soy which some people need to avoid. It is not a lot but people need to be aware of it. If a small amount of soy is not an issue for you this is an excellent choice. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Also, helpful "Yes" votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

Nose Bleeds stopped

Posted by Reviewer2042083 on Sep 25, 2011

I have suffered with nosebleeds since I was a little kid. Had some rhino-surgery a few years ago for something else, but surgeon said the cauterizing would help my nosebleeds go away. Yuck, but he was right. I still would get them in the winter however. MK-7 makes them go away completely. I take two of these a day and no more bloody nose. The fact that vitamin K-2 is good for my heart and bones too is just a bonus. Those are the kind of side effects I like!

Feel safer now taking my calcium citrate. Good dosage.

Posted by Reviewer1721530 on Sep 12, 2011

Feel safer now taking my calcium citrate. Good dosage.

Vitamin K-2

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Nov 15, 2011

I take these together with calcium and vitamin D3 to keep my bones healthy and strong, and to prevent cardiovascular disease. These are cheap but still seem to be of good quality. Will buy again.

Perfect

Posted by Reviewer2427281 on Jan 13, 2012

Very important for proper blood clotting. A must have for bone strength and to prevent hardening of the arteries. It also regulates calcium so it dosen't bild up in the arteries if you take a calcium supplement.