Not easy to take small doses - be mindful of vit C effects on hormones

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 02, 2013

Suggest any woman struggling with hormonal issues avoid mega doses of vit C - it's a proven aromatase inhibitor and will therefore cause a decrease in estrogen (though obviously that can be advantageous when estrogen is too high). At higher doses it can cause a decrease in both estrogen and progesterone. I've read that amounts over approx 750mg can start to cause hormonal changes that may not be beneficial. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Too acidic

Posted by Reviewer1148576 on Dec 27, 2009

I purchased this as an alternative to calcium ascorbate, which I add to mineral water and drink. However, the mag ascorbate tasted very acidic and when tested with a ph strip tested highly acid. I had to add coral calcium to the drink. I would not purchase this again.

Misleading title - won't buy again

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Feb 23, 2010

It appears to be a quality product, but it's way too acidic - it upsets my stomach even in much lower doses. I've also noticed some weird reactions with fruit juice (it formed some grey lumps before dissolving). The product name is totally misleading, made me believe I was buying a magnesium supplement improved by vitamin C and not the opposite. They should call it buffered vitamin C or something and write magnesium ascorbate on the back label only, with tiny letters - unless this confusion really helps their sales...

great product

Posted by Reviewer1002991 on Nov 07, 2008

I love having vitamin C and magnesium together. My favorite form of non-acidic vitamin C. Powder is more cost effective than capsules/tablets and is a great way to avoid fillers. Taste is ok.

Excellent but NOW should use screw on tops.

Posted by Reviewer2874238 on Oct 25, 2008

Should be used by everyone. Excellent detoxifier. No problem when used by toddler children. Shelf live is somewhat short so use fairly quickly. Short shelf life is a GOOD sign. NOW please DO NOT change this product. I wish that NOW would use screw on tops so I could recylce the bottles for other uses.

alloriginaleverythingworksnoprescriptions

Posted by alloriginal on May 22, 2013

This is a convenient and economical way to get your vitamin c while simultaneously increasing your magnesium intake. I use a quarter teaspoon every afternoon in my greens drink. I mixes well and I can really feel a difference when I use it. The taste is a bit sour (it would probably mix nicely with juice for those who find the flavor objectionable). Now Foods is an excellent company, making high-quality products at affordable prices. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Oct 05, 2009

Now you can get your dose of Magnesium with your vitamin C

Mag-ascorbate

Posted by Reviewer3286860 on Jul 04, 2008

good price, good quality hard to find Mg-acorb pwdr in general

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2963961 on Jun 08, 2008

I feel this is the best source of vitamin C on this website. You get a good amount of C in every dose and it is buffered with magnesium which makes it that much better. I notice that when I take this with my calcium carbonate, it is absorbes really well. Good price too!

No fillers!!

Posted by Reviewer3207425 on Feb 16, 2009

Great for a synthetic ascorbate, good price for quality

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »