Mag citrate by NOW

Posted by Reviewer3065421 on Sep 30, 2008

I bought this because the Calm product is much more expensive though it tastes great. This product tastes less tangy, more blah but really okay. The price is right.

This is not a "Citrate" but "Tricitrate" formula

Posted by 5232295890670795300 on Jun 12, 2014

This is not a "Citrate" but "Tricitrate". Tricitrate has more dense formula with 3 magnesium atoms in one molecule. This formula lets to reduce amount of powder to 1/2 tsp - which contains full daily dose. But it has worse water solubility. And for me it was not so effective as usual Citrate. Also it gives me some unpleasant side effects - sometimes after taking it I feel unpleasantly unemotional and closed into myself. This is not the same "calming" effect of usual Citrate. On the positive side it does help with sleep - I fall asleep much faster. I will switch to other brand next time.

Now Foods Magnesium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Oct 13, 2009

It's great to be able to take a supplement in pure powder form, as your body is more likely to absorb it well, and there are no other ingredients to react badly to. Magnesium's calming, so it can be helpful if, for example, you're wound-up, or sensitive to loud noises, or an uneasy sleeper. I take a couple of other forms of magnesium too, so I can't say for sure how well this works by itself. I prefer to take it at night, and am sleeping pretty well. I've taken this during the daytime too, though, and not felt any particular sedative effects, so I reckon it has a rather mild action. Certainly this product is hugely economical, worth giving it a try.

Magnesium Citrate

Posted by Reviewer1531614 on Nov 25, 2009

Tastes terrible but appears to do the job. No muscle cramps. They should make the powder finer so the magnesium citrate absorbs into fluid better.

ughh

Posted by Reviewer1481124 on Jan 13, 2010

I hate the taste even in juice I have a hard time choking it down. I am waiting to run out so I can get a tablet form.

awkward taste

Posted by Reviewer3011239 on Mar 08, 2010

this is definitly different than taking the capsules, which i like better. the taste is like watered down milk.

not as palatable as my previous brand

Posted by Reviewer1875925 on Mar 11, 2010

not as palatable as my previous brand

good product

Posted by Reviewer1034905 on Dec 07, 2010

good price

Might get some veg caps to put it in

Posted by Reviewer2600805 on Feb 25, 2011

I take quite a lot of mag to help me be regular on acct of meds that slow down the works. I couldn't drink enough of a dose in one glass of water when I like to take my dose at night because it really made my lips curl and my sensitive stomach burn. Great deal though, so I'll see if I can make it work when I'm out of the drs best high absorption pills.

not sure if it really helps me

Posted by sugarcrusted on Apr 29, 2011

1 teaspoon of this thing made me have extremely loose bowels, so i stepped it down to 3/4 teaspoon, however it didn't really help me with relaxation and sleeping. maybe i have not taken it long enough to tell.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »