Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Amazing toilet cleaner!

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 15, 2014

I used to be a fan of citrate, I really did. But let me tell you something - I had stains on my toilet bowl that nothing would remove - and I mean NOTHING. I tried the most industrial cleaners I could find, scouring pads and the strongest elbow grease I could muster - nothing worked. Then I remembered the amazing powers of citric acid and thought why not try it. I sprinkled some around the bowl and left it. And wow. I didn't even need to scrub the worst stain - it flushed away. I was gobsmacked. Citric acid is now my staple bathroom cleaner. And is one reason why I'll never take anything citrate again. As a 'mild' blood thinner and chelating agent, it might work wonders for those in need of an artery cleanse, but is definitely not for me. The results of my toilet bowl test certainly help explain some things. I've read krebs cycle formulations are less tolerated by those suffering allergies or immune dysfunction. Best source of magnesium - pumpkin seeds. 28g (1oz) of pumpkin seeds contain approx 150mg magnesium. If low magnesium is an issue for you, suggest avoiding foods high in molybdenum - molybdenum is a potent antagonist. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 24, 2012

Unpure

probably not even magnesium citrate

Posted by demonic-tree on Dec 30, 2012

so if you put it on the tongue it bites - too acidic. it doesnt dissolve completely. and i noticed some chemical fizzy reaction. so basically i put it into water, shake it well and leave for several minutes to have the reaction complete. then i drink leaving about half of the powder in the bottom. the odor reminded me a sewer. at least i hope that i consume SOME of actual magnesium citrate. i think it's kinda mix of citric acid and some magnesium inorganic salt, probably some carbonate. really poor experience with that product. all negative reviews are proved to be true.

bad batch - unusable!

Posted by Reviewer1927634 on Nov 22, 2012

I've taking this for a quite a long time and it has been great. Now the latest batch (november 2012) was totally different. Powder smelled like floorwax and tasted as it smelled. I took it twice and that was it - no more. Before batches had certain slightly citrus flavour in it which was almost pleasant. Now the flavour is floorwax and it's unusable!

disappointment

Posted by bugajuk on Jun 10, 2013

At first it seemed that there is a good product and cheaper than in my country. but after a while, i understood that i do not feel the desired effect . Also when dissolved this magnesium citrate, sediment remains. Secondly, if you take more content, say a teaspoon, there is no gut laxative effect(it is said that it is always side effect of magnesium citrate), asit is with purchased from a pharmacy magnesium citrate. and third, leg muscle spasms didn't disappear after taking this magnesium citrate.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »