Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 200 mg, 250 Tablets

Reviews 1-star

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 200 mg

Posted by Reviewer3226507 on Oct 13, 2008

I was unable to fully absorb the citrate form. I now use magnesium glycinate which is much more effective.

chalky tablets

Posted by Reviewer3359533 on Dec 20, 2007

chalky tablets

careful with the citrate

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Sep 13, 2014

I am a big fan of magnesium, and consider it important next to water. However, this type of magnesium, the citrate form, turned out to be very bad for my teeth, as my gums have begun receding rapidly (within a couple of months, the period of time I had used this magnesium), and my teeth begun to decay. Then I've read that the citric acid (in calcium, magnesium products and citrus fruits)binds with the calcium in the saliva, and also draws out the calcium from the teeth, making them weak and prone to decay. I wish I had known this earlier, since now all I can do is repair the damaged teeth, but can never have the perfect teeth I used to have. Not only is the citrate form bad, but the ratio of calcium to magnesium (malate, chelate, chloride) must be set right.

Haven't tried it yet