Affordable Way To Get Enough Magnesium

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 08, 2015

These tablets are quite big to swallow. Furthermore, there is magnesium stearate in the product. That's why I will give four stars. Benefits of magnesium may be more far-reaching than we've imagined. For example for: fibromyalgia, atrial fibrillation, type 2 diabetes, premenstrual syndrome, cardiovascular disease, migraine, aging. Magnesium also plays a role in your body's detoxification processes and therefore is important for helping to prevent damage from environmental chemicals, heavy metals and other toxins. Even glutathione, your body's most powerful antioxidant that has even been called "the master antioxidant," requires magnesium for its synthesis. There's no lab test that will give you a truly accurate reading of the magnesium status in your tissues. Only one percent of magnesium in your body is distributed in your blood, making a simple sample of magnesium from a blood test highly inaccurate. Early signs of magnesium deficiency to keep an eye out for include: loss of appetite, headache, nausea and vomiting, fatigue and weakness. An ongoing magnesium deficiency can lead to more serious symptoms, including: numbness and tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, coronary spasms, Magnesium citrate is magnesium with citric acid, which has laxative properties. However, I have not noticed anything. The difference between magnesium as a supplement and magnesium as a laxative is the dose. Magnesium Citrate is probably the most cost effective. (400 to 600 mg at bedtime is a good dose; or 200 to 300 mg two to three times a day). In a situation of magnesium deficiency, it may take up to 6 months of oral supplementation to correct things. I hope that you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

If it was a Good-Time Release, I'd give it 5 Stars

Posted by Reviewer1985580 on Jun 29, 2010

NEVER take "Magnesium Oxide" --- The body can't absorb it!! "NOW is a good company.

Affordable Mg citrate product

Posted by Reviewer1511504 on Dec 10, 2009

Contains some fillers but otherwise the product is very good (Mg citrate should be absorbed more easily than e.g. oxide). Tablets are quite big but easy to swallow.

Mag

Posted by Reviewer2682999 on Dec 27, 2009

Seems to make me feel better- like I have more energy. I had heard that Mg was "nature's tranquilizer" and could help with my sleep issues. It is not really helping me sleep any more, but the quality of sleep seems improved and I feel better overall

Nice, but too big dose, and hard to split

Posted by Reviewer2626535 on Jun 25, 2010

Nice, but it is a too big dose, because it loosen the stools too much. It is hard to split, because when I take a half by splitting, it scratches the throat as it goes down, and so I chew it, but then my throat soar too, I am not sure it is because of that, but I am starting to suspect that this stuff is abrasive to the throat. Would have been better for me to get 100mg pills.

ok

Posted by Reviewer1336201 on Mar 16, 2010

I've eaten one of these every night for a week and I'm still alive.

Posted by 5082373137782542789 on Sep 01, 2012

Good at removing aluminum from the body, healthy product!

A very good magnesium product, but ...

Posted by acumen on Aug 19, 2013

... this might be a little too much for your stomach, I know many who get a diarrhea from magnesium citrate - and for them the magnesium _taurate_ version suits better, which unfortunately costs much more (and there is only one of those products here on iHerb). The basic magnesium oxide version is the best for your stomach, but unfortunately otherwise (nutrition-wise and absorb-wise) the worst of these three. PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

I feel more energized

Posted by Gladiator on Apr 25, 2013

I've been using this for a month right now and I do feel more energized than before. I have been taking 1 tablet twice daily (i.e. 1 tablet in the morning and 1 in the evening) and particularly after food. I have noticed that if I take the tablet before eating, this product tends to give me a laxative effect. The effect is even stonger if I happen to take 2 tablet at once but after using this product for a longer period of time, it seems that my body is getting used to it and I don't experience this effect that often anymore.

good price

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Dec 26, 2015

Affordable, though not the best out there, as they still use magnesium stearate. Useful for constipation, and relaxation.