Now Foods, Magnesium Oxide Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Can't go wrong with this - pure powder at a low price

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Sep 17, 2013

You could spend forever searching for the perfect magnesium supplement - reading reviews, peer-reviewed research, etc - which is the most effective form to take? I can't answer that question for you (everyone is different, right?). However, I do want to note something I once read about magnesium - that the magnesium in food, when food is cooked, oxidises to - magnesium oxide. So while other forms might offer benefits - is it the result of the magnesium, or the organic acid it's chelated to/with? I have trialled a few different forms of magnesium and still haven't found 'one magnesium to rule them all', preferring a combination (except gluconate). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above. There's also something for NEW customers - please don't miss out!

Exellent product

Posted by Reviewer2270347 on Jan 31, 2009

I love this product. I've been using it for years as a laxative and it works great for constipation. Taste is very bland and dissolves easily in liquid. Drinking extra liquid with it helps it work better.

How to enhance Intestinal Cleanse with Magnesium Oxide

Posted by gratefulgreg on Aug 08, 2012

Another great product at a great price with iHerb.com. Magnesium and Oxygen are both very important to the body but this particular mixture is unbeatable as an intestinal cleanse from the top all the way down if used properly. It is the Oxygen that is doing the cleansing and to liberate the oxygen you need to consume Hydrogen Protons with the Magnesium Oxide. This will allow the oxygen to break down the waste materials into a gas and liquid. This means you MUST be prepared for liquid and volatile bowel movements! The best way to add Hydrogen Protons to Magnesium Oxide is to add the juice of an organic lemon to the mixture. If you have not been adding protons you have not seen this product work at it's optimum capability. A heaping teaspoon of Magnesium Oxide and the juice of one lemon does the trick for me. No longer than a week then back off on both protons and Magnesium Oxide so your not cleansing so dramatically. I used to pay $20 for a 100 grams for this stuff and with iHerb.com it costs 4 times less for over twice the amount! Awesome!

Magnesium Oxide works!

Posted by Reviewer1912586 on Sep 25, 2011

I have used Magnesium only to have it run thru me and never helping with my cramping in my legs. This Magnesium works...It takes less of it to meet my bodies needs and I love that my legs are no longer on the verge of a cramp!

Magnesium Oxide

Posted by Reviewer1848753 on Jan 09, 2010

Dear Sirs, This product works for me like none other has my entire life--and I'm now 62. The price is great and now that I've complimented it...please leave the bargain price alone. Thanks. Sincerely