Can't go wrong with this - pure powder at a low price

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Sep 17, 2013

You could spend forever searching for the perfect magnesium supplement - reading reviews, peer-reviewed research, etc - which is the most effective form to take? I can't answer that question for you (everyone is different, right?). However, I do want to note something I once read about magnesium - that the magnesium in food, when food is cooked, oxidises to - magnesium oxide. So while other forms might offer benefits - is it the result of the magnesium, or the organic acid it's chelated to/with? I have trialled a few different forms of magnesium and still haven't found 'one magnesium to rule them all', preferring a combination (except gluconate). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above. There's also something for NEW customers - please don't miss out!

How to enhance Intestinal Cleanse with Magnesium Oxide

Posted by gratefulgreg on Aug 08, 2012

Another great product at a great price with iHerb.com. Magnesium and Oxygen are both very important to the body but this particular mixture is unbeatable as an intestinal cleanse from the top all the way down if used properly. It is the Oxygen that is doing the cleansing and to liberate the oxygen you need to consume Hydrogen Protons with the Magnesium Oxide. This will allow the oxygen to break down the waste materials into a gas and liquid. This means you MUST be prepared for liquid and volatile bowel movements! The best way to add Hydrogen Protons to Magnesium Oxide is to add the juice of an organic lemon to the mixture. If you have not been adding protons you have not seen this product work at it's optimum capability. A heaping teaspoon of Magnesium Oxide and the juice of one lemon does the trick for me. No longer than a week then back off on both protons and Magnesium Oxide so your not cleansing so dramatically. I used to pay $20 for a 100 grams for this stuff and with iHerb.com it costs 4 times less for over twice the amount! Awesome!

Exellent product

Posted by Reviewer2270347 on Jan 31, 2009

I love this product. I've been using it for years as a laxative and it works great for constipation. Taste is very bland and dissolves easily in liquid. Drinking extra liquid with it helps it work better.

Magnesium Oxide works!

Posted by Reviewer1912586 on Sep 25, 2011

I have used Magnesium only to have it run thru me and never helping with my cramping in my legs. This Magnesium works...It takes less of it to meet my bodies needs and I love that my legs are no longer on the verge of a cramp!

works as good as commercial oxygen-based colon cleanser

Posted by 5342421467929814951 on Jan 04, 2014

I am using this together with Now Foods Citric Acid on iHerb to create oxygen based colon cleansing product for myself. After taking this combo, I go to toilet almost every 30 mins. I feel clean afterwards inside, and it has improved my digestion.

Like a charm

Posted by 5357723657231768440 on Sep 02, 2015

Works very well for my chronic constipation. It is also quite alkalizing, i tried to mix it with citric acid like other reviewer suggested but i think it's much better on it's own as it gave me a severe diarrhea when i did the mix, in ayuverda too much vata(air) can cause imbalence in colon health. I believe it helps for food allergies aswell. Thanks iHerb, you are the best ! Please indicate if you found this review helpful thanks

It changed my life

Posted by Gondwanaland00 on Sep 09, 2014

I had been struggling to supplement magnesium for over 8 months and could not tolerate any of the aminoacid chelated forms or even sulfate (Epsom Salts). Thanks to the top reviewer of this product here on iHerb I decided to give this one a try. I have been taking 1/4 tsp of Mg oxide every night before bedtime (at least one hour away from probiotics) for a little over a month now and experienced teeth remineralization, reduced breathlessness and anxiety, no more lump in the throat, no more muscle cramps and no more frequent, high volume urination (odorless sweat is also a nice effect!). Since I am salicylate sensitive, this helps by alkalinizing my system and increasing food tolerance. I have also been using MgO + calcium carbonate in equal parts (1/8 tsp of each and a few drops of water) to brush my teeth when I can't tolerate tooth paste. I also soak in the bathtub with 1/2 cup of sodium bicarbonate for 15 minutes when the intolerances get too overwhelming. After noticing teeth remineraliatzion, I added vitamin D3 + K2 to help other possibly ongoing processes. People underestimate the need of magnesium when taking B and D vitamins and after taking antibiotics. Unfortunately this product does nothing for my chronic constipation.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1986196 on Jan 10, 2015

Amazing intestinal cleanser and priced right. Let me put it this way. There is a product on the market that I have used called Oxy-Powder(active ingredient magnesium oxide)that does a great job of intestinal cleansing. Problem. It cost $49.99 for 120 capsules (look it up). This NOW Mag. Ox. works even better and it is $6.36 for 8 oz. at this writing. Why pay 8 times as much for Oxy-Powder when this product works even better? I mixed 2 tsp. in 8 0z. water with juice of `1/2 lemon. in magic bullet 20 sec. and drank before bed. I got up three times in the night to visit the RR. That did not happen with 7 capsules of Oxy Powder. I am writing this next morning and have had one more RR visit since arising. This product is effective and powerful. No disappointment here. 5 stars.

Magnesium Oxide

Posted by Reviewer1848753 on Jan 09, 2010

Dear Sirs, This product works for me like none other has my entire life--and I'm now 62. The price is great and now that I've complimented it...please leave the bargain price alone. Thanks. Sincerely

This stuff works and you don't need much

Posted by sarahjean on Dec 21, 2010

Keeps the bowels much more regular - and you don't need much to get results. Just start with recommended dosage and build up from there. I stocked up on a few bottles to do a few liver cleanses and the like - great for detoxification protocols.