Now Foods, Melatonin, 1 mg, 250 Tablets

Works for me!

Posted by Reviewer2902916 on Oct 08, 2008

I tried regular Melatonin, and this 2 stage release works much, much better. I don't wake up at 2am and can't go back to sleep anymore! Cheaper than SleepMD and works just as well!

Preferred formula

Posted by Reviewer2551336 on May 21, 2008

I have been taking melatonin for years - I prefer this formula to all I have used so far (and that's a lot!)

Great product from good old Now!

Posted by Reviewer3286239 on Jul 19, 2008

These Melatonin tabs are great because you can take one, or more if necessary, and they release in stages. Sure helps to go to sleep and STAY asleep!

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Melatonin is a sleep hormone in our body and it helps to monitor sleep cycle. Melatonin can only be produced by the body in the absence of light simulation. You will find that it is always easier to fall asleep in absolute darkness. Melatonin is one of the most powerful anti oxidant produced naturally by our body that can cross blood brain barrier and other parts easily, boost other antioxidants, boost our immune system , regulates inflammation, prevent cancer, regulates other hormones, controls weight gain, prevent heart diseases, lower high cholesterol level and many others! In current society, there is too much artificial lighting that prevents us from having a deep sleep. Added with frequent time zone travelling, irregular sleeping hours due to work etc and late supper, nobody is really sleeping properly these days and producing enough melatonin. That’s why it’s important to take melatonin regularly. Pricewise, this is definitely value for money for 250 tablets. It is wise not to take melatonin daily as it might affect your own melatonin production so this bottle can last a long time! This product is a time released version of melatonin. I find that it does keep me asleep long as compared to the capsules which is metabolised more quickly, making me wake me after 4-5 hours of restful sleep. Since this is time released, you probably get only 0.5mg initially and 0.5mg over a period so the dosage might not be enough. It is better to dose with 2 or more tablets. Personally, I find that the best way is to take the capsule of 3 mg and 1 tablets of time released in order to sleep for a long period. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Check out my page for more reviews!

excellent

Posted by mrkq10 on Sep 08, 2008

excellent product. 0.5 mg is so enough to keep me asleep.