Beware for side effects

Posted by Reviewer1278476 on Apr 01, 2015

Took this for the last 20 years. Did you know that you are not suppose to take this long term? I never knew that! Did you know that it LOWERS LIBIDO? Google it.

A big Help

Posted by 5619461052993656923 on Jul 10, 2014

I have fibromyalgia which means poor sleep and often, no sleep. I have tried another brand of Melatonin but this time I bought the Now Foods 1mg and have found it far superior. It really does help me to quietly drift into sleep, taking it about an hour before I wish to settle down.

Really helped me sleep

Posted by Reviewer2112824 on May 26, 2014

I had a few months of not being able to sleep after travelling a lot and ordered these low dose melatonin as a recommendation form my doctor. I also ordered the 3mg and i have to say that the 1.5mg have done the job so well and got my sleeping patterns back to normal that I haven't even opened them yet. I get a good nights sleep and can return to sleep when woken without feeling stressed. Highly recommend these to anyone with sleep disruption.

Worked for a few days, then stopped

Posted by AReviewer on Mar 27, 2014

I read the glowing reviews here and decided to give this a try to help my insomnia and circadian rhythm disorder. I probably got 3 days of good sleep from it before it stopped working. I cannot recommend it since 1. it stopped working quickly; 2. Melatonin is not considered an effective treatment for insomnia (google it). It is considered helpful for circadian rhythm disorders but it did not address mine. In short, it is not a magic fix-all for sleep problems.

Normal

Posted by 5737416560305184900 on Jan 14, 2014

I prefer the quick dissolve form

melatonin

Posted by 5367901898340202469 on Nov 29, 2013

Product is very good. I use it for years

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Melatonin is a sleep hormone in our body and it helps to monitor sleep cycle. Melatonin can only be produced by the body in the absence of light simulation. You will find that it is always easier to fall asleep in absolute darkness. Melatonin is one of the most powerful anti oxidant produced naturally by our body that can cross blood brain barrier and other parts easily, boost other antioxidants, boost our immune system , regulates inflammation, prevent cancer, regulates other hormones, controls weight gain, prevent heart diseases, lower high cholesterol level and many others! In current society, there is too much artificial lighting that prevents us from having a deep sleep. Added with frequent time zone travelling, irregular sleeping hours due to work etc and late supper, nobody is really sleeping properly these days and producing enough melatonin. That’s why it’s important to take melatonin regularly. Pricewise, this is definitely value for money for 250 tablets. It is wise not to take melatonin daily as it might affect your own melatonin production so this bottle can last a long time! This product is a time released version of melatonin. I find that it does keep me asleep long as compared to the capsules which is metabolised more quickly, making me wake me after 4-5 hours of restful sleep. Since this is time released, you probably get only 0.5mg initially and 0.5mg over a period so the dosage might not be enough. It is better to dose with 2 or more tablets. Personally, I find that the best way is to take the capsule of 3 mg and 1 tablets of time released in order to sleep for a long period. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Check out my page for more reviews!

Potent, but not for me (an enviro sensitive's experience)

Posted by AntipodesGuy on May 26, 2013

On the plus side it definitely made it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep, to overcome sleeping difficulties that are in part from environmental sensitivities. Not a silver bullet - my quality of sleep wasn't the same as a healthy night's sleep - apart from perhaps the first time I took it I still wouldn't wake up "refreshed", but much better than nothing/the alternative - chronic sleep deprivation. However I must be very sensitive to the effects of Melatonin as a supplement as even at this "low" 1mg dosage (or less - see below) I would get quite pronounced hangover drowsiness & mood effects till perhaps 10-11am the next day. Not great if you work in a job where you need to be sharp from the moment you arrive in the office. Interestingly and perhaps not surprisingly I found if I took more than 1mg I'd get a headache and it wouldn't be as effective. Appreciate that this is a time release capsule, but even when I halved or quartered the pill - and sometimes ground the portion to powder to completely neutralise the inner time release coating - I found both the sleep and hangover effect remained much the same. Like I say I must be extra-sensitive to it. I'm currently running with Valerian as an alternative - feels more natural - still effective as a sleep aid, if perhaps not as potent, but far less hangover effect. Still not delivering a full night's sleep, but then that's probably not the supplement's fault...

gut

Posted by Reviewer3129444 on Jan 04, 2013

1mg ist für mich absolut ausreichend und ich kann sehr gut schlafen, möchte es nicht mehr missen !

Works for a long time

Posted by jasmine on Oct 08, 2012

I need 2-3 tablets for a better effect. Like it more than usual melatonin, because I often wake up too early in the morning even with 5 mg. Time-release form works good with a smaller dose. RU Попробовала несколько разновидностей мелатонина и этот, пожалуй, один из лучших, т.к. он работает всю ночь. Для меня это очень актуально, т.к. я склонна просыпаться за час-два до будильника. В общем, простое и действенное средство. Наверное, возьму еще.