Bad combination - too much selenium in this NAC product

Posted by Reviewer2498328 on Mar 04, 2009

I take this for HIV, 3 capsules per day. This adds up to 75 mcg selenium. When taking this in combination with NOW's own Adam men's multi-vitamin, which contains the recommended 200 mcg selenium, one gets 275 mcg selenium. This is excessive. I had my blood selenium level checked, and it was elevated. I chose to continue the Adam multi but stop this NOW NAC . I switched to the Jarrow NAC which doesn't have selenium.

headache

Posted by Reviewer2993334 on Oct 23, 2010

It gave me a headache

Can Breathe with through my nose again.

Posted by Reviewer3356710 on Mar 24, 2011

It seems like I always have at least one side of my nose to where I couldnt breathe through, but after taking the NAC with Vitamin C it cleared that up like within a couple of hours. The only problem is that they make my head feel like of weird. Not sure why they do, but they do. But they definately help to breathe better.

OK, I guess?

Posted by 5375339086477066371 on Dec 12, 2015

It's difficult to tell i this had any effect. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't. I've got asthma and somewhat chronic sinus problems, and I didn't notice that much improvement when using NAC from this brand. I've tried different brands like Solgar and felt a better response. It should be the same substance though... Maybe it hasn't noticeably helped me with my lungs, at least yet (3 months), but works possibly better as a detox agent? I'll probably buy Solgar next time to see if there really is a difference.

Capsule is a pain

Posted by Reviewer3253087 on Apr 15, 2012

The product in the capsule is fine; the capsule is a pain in the throat. This product capsule often becomes caught in my throat unless I take it with a mouth full of food. If you take it with water, let it soak in your mouth for 1/2 a minute first. NAC really burns in the throat so make sure it goes down the first time.

NAC

Love it. A

not sure yet

Posted by 5390423361831411686 on Nov 15, 2013

not sure yet

Its okay like most NOW products

Posted by 5524674436990572805 on Aug 06, 2014

made with stearic acid (vegetable source) and citric acid. I dont know why they have to use that. we eat to mutch of those things as It is. Cant tell If it works.

Whatever

Posted by Reviewer2285259 on Aug 15, 2015

I don't like that iherb makes you review every single thing in your order. I wanted to add a review for one thing, but the only way iherb will accept that is if I review every single thing from this order. Maybe it's different if you just review from your account, rather than from a link in the email they send for reviews. So I added a 3 star rating because I don't want to show something negative when I didn't want to review this in the first place.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »