fbl

Posted by Reviewer2558795 on Jun 12, 2008

I take NAC, two capsules 1000 mg, about twice a day during allergy season. It really helps. I also use Source Naturals Allercetin as a back-up. With these two remedies I haven't had to do allergy shots in 10 years and I still keep clear sinuses.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

NAC is known to boost glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidant produced naturally by the body. NAC is one of the best and cheaper way to boost glutathione as taking glutathione does not work when taken orally since it is too big to absorb through intestine wall. Other than trying to boost your antioxidants level in various parts of the body individually, boosting glutathione is simply easier and better as it can easily cross to various parts of the body and recharges other antioxidants as compared to antioxidants that can only work in specific area. Glutathione also support and boost your immune system, protects our cells from damage from environmental toxic and eliminate carcinogens. Our glutathione declines naturally as we age so the importance of taking NAC gets more important as well. This product comes with the most bioavailable selenium and molybdenum as well. Not that it is bad, I would prefer a product without them so that I can dose accordingly. As for the price, it is quite cheap considering that you are getting 250 vcaps. As for the recommended dosage, 2 caps are reasonable (lasting over 4 months!). More can be taken if needed without being too expensive. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. Check out my page for more reviews!

NAC

Posted by Reviewer1434258 on Apr 04, 2011

Recently there has been a scare with the prospects of elevated radiation. My research indicated that low-level radiation depletes the body of anti-oxidants. NAC is the precursor of Glutathione, which is the mother of all anti-oxiants. For the thyroid, a simple drop of iodine on the skin at night will supply the thyroid with plenty of benign iodine and prevent the uptake of radioactive iodine. Further, when the thyroid is saturated, the iodine will be left on the skin so no harm is caused by overdose.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1694950 on Jan 13, 2011

My daughters boss is a well known heart surgon and he takes this every day, and he doesn't want to take statins.....

Improves liver function

Posted by Reviewer1529670 on Dec 16, 2007

Have been using for 4 years now. Liver panel shows improvement every year.

Fantastic for improving clarity.

Posted by 5335610452739414333 on Jan 02, 2015

As a Hashimoto's sufferer, I often struggle with short-term memory and brain 'fog' issues. This supplement has had a notable effect in improving this for me. It has helped me get through a very complex research project that I was dreading. Initially I had a few minor headaches which I have read can be a side-effect, but these have settled down now. I usually also take my supplements only on weekdays and 'rest' my body on weekends. I will continue to take this for the longterm.

Now NAC

Posted by Reviewer1179922 on Oct 05, 2008

I take this with MSM and chlorella or alfalfa to ward off allergies. Works great.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1793751 on Apr 14, 2010

I've trusted Now Foods to give me quality products at a great value and this is no different. I am taking it for PCOS but it is too early to see if this is of benefit to me. The capsules are easy to take and free of some serious food allergies I must avoid including soy, casein and gluten. I appreciate that it's easy to find a list of what allergens are not in this product too which makes shopping a breeze.

Powerful antioxidant and a relief for hangover!!

Posted by sweetheart on Jul 23, 2012

This is a must for everybody! Helps body get rid of toxins (chelates heavy metals). Helps liver to process toxins into non-toxic form. Contains also molybdenum which also is essential to liver. This is also the best possible anti-hangover medicine on market: as it helps your liver to do it's job, you will recover faster and easier. This is also a very powerful antioxidant! I won't be without this!

Helps PCOS

Posted by Reviewer2095275 on Dec 11, 2015

I take this to help regulate the hormonal imbalance and insulin resistance related to PCOS. Has been a tremendous help.