New To iHerb?

Now Foods, NAC, 600 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

Good value and great Glutathione booster

Posted by NBPT100 on Jul 14, 2013

Many good reviews here on this NAC product so I will keep it brief. I take this as a Glutathione(aka GHS, a very potent antioxidant) booster. Oral Glutathione supplements don't work! Therefore by taking the precursor NAC you support your body to produce more of it. I take one in the AM and one in the PM on an empty stomach. I like that this has some selenium in it. Just make sure your total selenium supplementation does not exceed 400 mcg per day. L-Glutamine is another precursor to GHS and some people will also add that to their GHS boosting regiment. Anyone with a health issue should consider boosting their GHS as they would likely benefit. NOW makes quality products and this is a good value here on iherb for a 600mg vcap. If you found this helpful kindly visit my iherb home page and see more value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1793751 on Apr 14, 2010

I've trusted Now Foods to give me quality products at a great value and this is no different. I am taking it for PCOS but it is too early to see if this is of benefit to me. The capsules are easy to take and free of some serious food allergies I must avoid including soy, casein and gluten. I appreciate that it's easy to find a list of what allergens are not in this product too which makes shopping a breeze.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

NAC is known to boost glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidant produced naturally by the body. NAC is one of the best and cheaper way to boost glutathione as taking glutathione does not work when taken orally since it is too big to absorb through intestine wall. Other than trying to boost your antioxidants level in various parts of the body individually, boosting glutathione is simply easier and better as it can easily cross to various parts of the body and recharges other antioxidants as compared to antioxidants that can only work in specific area. Glutathione also support and boost your immune system, protects our cells from damage from environmental toxic and eliminate carcinogens. Our glutathione declines naturally as we age so the importance of taking NAC gets more important as well. This product comes with the most bioavailable selenium and molybdenum as well. Not that it is bad, I would prefer a product without them so that I can dose accordingly. As for the price, it is quite cheap considering that you are getting 250 vcaps. As for the recommended dosage, 2 caps are reasonable (lasting over 4 months!). More can be taken if needed without being too expensive. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. Check out my page for more reviews!

Now NAC

Posted by Reviewer1179922 on Oct 05, 2008

I take this with MSM and chlorella or alfalfa to ward off allergies. Works great.

I wouldn' be without it!

Posted by Reviewer2862676 on Dec 11, 2008

I'm a vegetarian, so maybe I need this more than some, but if I quit taking it my hair thins out!