hypothyroid myxedema

Posted by 5554234365623997700 on Jun 12, 2015

I started taking NAC for myxedema caused from being hypothyroid for 20+ years. Myxedema gives you a swollen look and your skin is not pinchable. I started taking NAC in Fall 2014 and I've seen significant improvement. The buffalo hump on back of my neck is nearly gone. An added bonus is no more tonsil stones and my liver enzyme tests finally came back 'in range' on my labwork.

good item

Posted by Reviewer1417985 on Nov 17, 2008

ive been taking it awhile now and seem to have a bit more energy

- Massive help for allergies -

Posted by Reviewer2481073 on Nov 17, 2011

My husband has had dust/pet allergies for many, many years and kept complaining of nasal congestion, wheezing and shortness of breath. Since taking NAC 600mg 2xdaily for more than 2 weeks (with another allergy formula), he started to feel less congested and has been able to breathe deeper. Mucus production has been greatly reduced. I read that besides being a powerful antioxidant (particularly for the liver), NAC is also one of the best to dissolve mucus in the lungs. With continued usage my husband may be allergy-free,& surely it has other benefits for his body, too. We like the big bottle; it can last long so I won't have to keep re-purchasing.

NAC

Posted by Reviewer1056401 on Jul 13, 2016

I seem to have a condition that my airway, sinuses and lungs get congested easily, pollutants in the air, walking by a smoker, pollen etc. Although my doctor did allergy test and I'm not allergic to anything. I get sticky phlegm and have a hard time breathing, have to clear my throat a lot. I take the NAC and it makes all the phlegm fluid and easily removed, and I can breath easy again.

Keeps my sinuses from drying out

Posted by Reviewer2284014 on Jul 02, 2008

Keeps my sinuses from drying out

Now Foods, NAC

Posted by Reviewer3334703 on May 14, 2008

I use this to help repair my hearing loss.

NOW Foods 250 NAC w/Mb, Se

Posted by Reviewer2021964 on Mar 29, 2007

Product quality is top notch, with no allergens. NOW produces great supplements usually at the best price you can find. Love this stuff for it's detoxifying effects and especially during allergy and asthma season. Couple of these and a magnesium and there's no need for any of the usually asthma meds.

I wouldn' be without it!

Posted by Reviewer2862676 on Dec 11, 2008

I'm a vegetarian, so maybe I need this more than some, but if I quit taking it my hair thins out!

Allergy and Asthma Season

Posted by Reviewer1666350 on Jul 26, 2007

The allergy and asthma season are almost gone for my husband since taking NAC. He had the cough and drainage but not since using this NOW product. Thank-you!!!

Sinus Relief

Posted by Reviewer1650783 on Nov 28, 2007

Works great for helping to keep sinus pressure down.