July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, NAC, (N-Acetyl Cysteine), 600 mg, 100 Veggie Caps

One of the best antioxidant !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

If I could only take one supplement it would be N-Acetyl Cysteine. I take NAC for several reassons. First one, as a part of my detox from heavy metals. I can definitely say that it chelates heavy metals such as mercury and lead from my body. As you know, N-Acetyl Cysteine is one of the most effective antioxidant supplements that boosts the bodies production of Glutathione. Glutathione levels are directly linked to health and aging and it is a required detoxifier and antioxidant for all cells. Higher levels are strongly associated with better health and in particularl lung and liver health and supports detoxification in both areas which constantly are challenged by airborne and other toxins in our environment. Second one, as part of my liver health. I've been taking NAC for a few months, and my most recent liver panel came back clean. In my opinion, this is probably the number one supplement for liver health. And this is not all, I felt a few more benefits. I would say that after taking this I started to feel my body aches and pains disappeared. Beside this, I have noticed a difference in my sleep after adding the NAC! Also, I have never had a hangover, when take NAC! Amazing ! In this case, I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. Side note:I adviced you to take vitamin C at the same time (app. 500-1000mg Vit. C)for better absorption, and to to prevent any possibility of kidney stones from long term use. To avoid any side effects NAC should be cycled and should not be taken continuously. Bear in mind that N A C metabolizes through the liver and out of the body within one hour. If you fight against flu, viruses or colds need to use 2 or 3 tablets, every 3-4 hours. Overall effect was significant and I am very satisfied I chose to buy this stuff .

Critical precursor

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 20, 2012

100 capsules bottle is perfect if you live in warm or wet countries. I found the hard way out that NAC especially NOW brand is highly susceptible to spoiling due to these weather conditions!!! - - - - - - - - - - - However, this NAC improves my mental awareness. Makes me more energetic when I take it with glutamine and glycine - all precursors of Glutathione, undoubtedly the most important and best antioxidant of all the antioxidants.

Great antioxidant!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

NAC is a great antioxidant, I use it now that I am pregnant. It helps me a lot with my stuffed nose, due to pregnancy. Also, it is a precursor to glutathione, which is the best antioxidant found in the body. The placenta itself has a considerable concentration of glutathione. So, it's a win win for me. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

In my Top 5 most important supplements

Posted by Reviewer18018967 on Jun 27, 2012

For allergies, anti-oxidant, liver detox, eye and vision health, gluthatione precursor etc etc. One of the 5 supplements I would take with me to a deserted island. And NOW offers great value for money. Remember to take with Vit C and Alpha-Lipoic-Acid for enhanced benefits.

very good