Now Foods, Niacin, Sustained Release, 500 mg, 250 Tablets

Better than prescription niacin!

Posted by Reviewer2975318 on Apr 10, 2007

As per dr. orders, my husband has to take 1500 mg. of niacin nightly. Because of rising costs, we decided to discontinue the prescription niacin and purchase the niacin over the counter as recommended by the pharmacist. The dr. really frowned on this choice and then recommended that hubby take cholesteral-reducing man-made medication. Not wanting to risk the side-effects of those type of drugs, we decided to purchase the NOW Niacin as I was familiar with the excellent quality of their products. We proved the dr. wrong when hubby's cholesteral tests came back and his levels had improved while on the NOW niacin. I firmly believe this product is much more beneficial than any prescription medication to reduce cholesteral levels--at least it has with my husband. And we may have converted the doctor to take a second look at "natural" supplements! A great product and even greater value for your money!

Niacin and Cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2206316 on Jan 25, 2008

I use the Now sustained release variety of niacin and rarely if ever suffer from Niacin Flush at 1500 mg/day. My lipid panel, especially my triglycerides/HDL ratio, has noticeably improved.

Very potent!

Posted by Reviewer1698362 on Nov 08, 2009

I started using niacin after watching a documentary about the treatment of depression in orthomolecular medicine. This seems to be very efficient and I can definitely feel a difference. There is still a flushing effect but it is not so unpleasant and it does not last long. To me, it is a minor side-effect compared to the benefits this product brings. I chose this form of niacin instead of niacinamide because niaciamide is reputed to be not as efficient and to cause liver damage. I will definitely recommend niacin!

Bonus Benefits!

Posted by Reviewer2251071 on May 02, 2010

My cholesterols have balanced out considerably with additional health bonuses: Reflux and panic attacks have disappeared! Thank you.

HDL finally increased

Posted by Reviewer2339346 on Dec 10, 2007

LDL went down with Lipitor and I'd been taking no-flush niacin instead of prescribed Niaspan. Switched to Crestor in hopes of raising HDL above 40, but it did not happen until I switched to this niacin.