Beware if you have IBS

Posted by Umbridge on Nov 04, 2012

I bought these because I had been told that FOS can help IBS. However, at the time I didn't know that for many with IBS, FOS can actually exacerbate symptoms. If you have sensitivity to fructose and other FODMAPs, then this isn't a great choice because FOS is a FODMAP. For those that are sensitive, this means it will ferment in your gut, and can exacerbate IBS-D and IBS-C. If you know you aren't sensitive to these things, then it might be worth a shot.

good product

Posted by Reviewer3048065 on Mar 17, 2008

really good...i can feel it doing its job. they say start with a low dose because this stuff can give you really bad gas.

Good for consitpation

Posted by Reviewer3180332 on Oct 11, 2008

Bought this on a recommendation to treat constipation in my young child. Followed the recommended doses and it worked. It has no taste and repairs the gut pretty quick. I've learned you should follow up after a week or so with probiotics.

This is a great product.... But....

Posted by Reviewer1428901 on Jan 02, 2012

Slow bowels created lots of fatigue. FOS fixes the issue without taking a ton of fiber. My issue with this product is you need to be very careful about portions. A little bit too much and - well - watch out. I would prefer this to be in capsule form for accurate pre-measured amounts.

Container size

Posted by 5301064652553715362 on Jun 16, 2013

I would have rated the product higher except that it comes in a container that is simply too small. It is suggested to work up to teaspoons a day; however the container is only 4 oz. Considering I have to order the product from outside the US this results in being very inconvenient Why can't it come in a larger container?

Nutra Flora

Posted by Reviewer1363027 on Nov 03, 2009

Haven't been using this for too long yet, but it seems to be helping. I would recommend starting out with less than the recommended dosage though, unless you have an iron stomach. Otherwise you will be VERY gassy all night...

Fos

Posted by Reviewer2183128 on Dec 28, 2010

I am not sure about taking Fos anymore, I decided to buy it fro the first time to help feed the probiotics I am taking to fight yeast infection, but after a bit of research on Fos, I am not sure I want to take it. I recommend doing some research what Fos really is before taking it.

Nutra Flora FOS

Posted by Reviewer2743204 on Jan 03, 2011

This product has helped the acidophilus I have been taking to work better. It has also been beneficial for my digestive health.

Great Price

Posted by Reviewer2144574 on Jan 11, 2011

Seems to do the job and it is the best price around.

yum!

Posted by Reviewer2834623 on Feb 10, 2009

Tastes like fairy floss, and has been excellent with my stomach.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »