Now Foods, Omega-3, 500 Softgels

Allergy

Posted by Reviewer1121460 on May 08, 2011

My experience with this product is VERY negative, I'm afraid. I've been using Omega 3 (from a variety of sources) for many years, and 3 days after starting this product I broke out in hives all over my face. Stopped it for a week and it cleared up. Started up again with the same result. I then tested the product for allergy following the rules of a regular skin test with the same result. Therefore, I'm sitting with 4 containers of product which is totally inappropriate for me. I suspect that the product was either not tested /assayed for allergens, or that an inferior / contaminated Omega 3 was used to produce it. I do not buy the advertisement that is was "Molecularly Distilled". This statement must be untrue. Thank you for asking me for feedback.

Extremely disappointed

Posted by Reviewer1406448 on Nov 08, 2012

There's something really wrong with this product: I have symptoms of diarrhea in 30 minutes after taking one, followed by stomach cramps for the next three hours. This does not happen with any other fish oil/omega 3 product. Horrible.

Great trusted brand, high quality and low cost product.

Posted by supplementknowledge on Jun 22, 2015

I use fish oil all year round, as an auxiliary mean ''stacked with other supplements'', to reduce the muscle soreness induced by my training routine and for the anti-inflammatory effects on my chronic training injuries. I prefer Now Foods, Omega-3 oil because it is free of potentially harmful levels of contaminants (mercury, heavy metals, etc…) and it has very good price. I take 6 softgels per day, in three divided doses. To eliminate the "fish burp" taste, I refrigerate the Omega-3 oil and take it with meal. You can combine it with Vitamin E, D3 but not with linoleic acid and arachidonic acid. Reduce the dose to the minimum or cease it if you are under blood-thinning medications treatment. For more reviews click on my username! Let me know if this review was helpful by pressing the 'yes' button.

Good

Posted by Aussie-girl on Mar 03, 2011

This is a really good product at a very good price. Much cheaper than other brands. The only drawback is a fishy after-taste for a short while.

Too Fishy tasting

Posted by Reviewer2260564 on Jan 28, 2010

I couldn't handle the constant belching of the nasty taste of fish. I stopped taking the Now Foods brand Omega 3 and purchased another brand that has no fishy after taste.