Now Foods, Omega-3, 500 Softgels

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Allergy

Posted by Reviewer1121460 on May 08, 2011

My experience with this product is VERY negative, I'm afraid. I've been using Omega 3 (from a variety of sources) for many years, and 3 days after starting this product I broke out in hives all over my face. Stopped it for a week and it cleared up. Started up again with the same result. I then tested the product for allergy following the rules of a regular skin test with the same result. Therefore, I'm sitting with 4 containers of product which is totally inappropriate for me. I suspect that the product was either not tested /assayed for allergens, or that an inferior / contaminated Omega 3 was used to produce it. I do not buy the advertisement that is was "Molecularly Distilled". This statement must be untrue. Thank you for asking me for feedback.

Extremely disappointed

Posted by Reviewer1406448 on Nov 08, 2012

There's something really wrong with this product: I have symptoms of diarrhea in 30 minutes after taking one, followed by stomach cramps for the next three hours. This does not happen with any other fish oil/omega 3 product. Horrible.

Too Fishy tasting

Posted by Reviewer2260564 on Jan 28, 2010

I couldn't handle the constant belching of the nasty taste of fish. I stopped taking the Now Foods brand Omega 3 and purchased another brand that has no fishy after taste.

The good ol days: One year ago this cost $18.77 and did not smell of old fish.

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Mar 30, 2014

Doctor said I have to take omega 3. I used to like ordering this oil, because it is a huge bottle and used to be cheap. My last bottle cost $18.77 at iHerb. Now the price has risen once again and is $23.58. I noticed that this brand sometimes has a rancid taste, which the other brands don't have. So, for a few dollars more it might be worth getting the other kind now... especially as the price is getting closer and closer to the real luxury brands.

I'm sorry but I have not received the product