Now Foods, Panax Ginseng, 500 mg, 250 Capsules

Recommended product!

Posted by KurtJacobsen on May 23, 2013

I've chosen Ginseng from Now Foods, because I trust this brand and because they always delivers maximum potency at a reasonable price. The safety seal is easy to remove by hand. I just wish they would change the flipcap with a screw cap. I take one serving every day. I'm perfectly happy with it, and will purchase again when it runs low. ======================================================================================================= Click my name KurtJacobsen ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks! ======================================================================================================= iHerb.com has become my favorite place to shop supplements, and I'm not alone, because iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com the last 6 years in a row! I've been using them for quite some time, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. For customers from outside USA (like me) I recommend the delivery option "Global Priority Mail by DHL". It is incredibly cheap at just 4$, and I always receive the goods here in Denmark (4000 miles away) within 6-8 days. Please also note that chances are high that you will NOT pay any additional custom duties and taxes, when "Global Priority Mail by DHL" is used. ======================================================================================================= I spend a lot of time writing reviews, so if you found this one helpful, please let me know by clicking the “helpful”-button below the review. Also please click my name KurtJacobsen at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Ginsengs are adaptogens used for the boosting vitality, energy level and immune system. Ginseng is also found to be effective for weight los s, diabetes control, reverse lung damage, aid healing, increase stamina and athletic performance and more! This product is not an extract or standardised so the strength is unknown. It is probably just whole ginseng grind to powder form. Personally, I feel that it works quite well in a rather short time span and the benefit continues. As ginseng is a stimulant, it is best to take occasional breaks in order to maximise the effectivenes s of the product. The capsule are made of gelatin(not for vegan), not big and easy to swallow. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Pricewise, this is actually quite cheap and you can last 2 months, even if you take 2 twice daily. Overall, I prefer a ginseng that shows the % of active ingredients so that at least I know what I am paying for. Check out my page for more reviews!

A great dose and good value.

Posted by Reviewer1300695 on Jan 19, 2011

I like the extra boost of energy and adrenal support. I tried a few things, but had forgotten about Ginseng. When I saw the amount of active ingredients in Now's Ginseng, I realized the product I'd used before was less than 1/3 the strength (Panax Ginseng 100mg, 10% Ginsenosides, Health Balance from Costco). So I took roughly the same amount (5 softgels) and noticed it worked well. It didn't take long to use up the softgels and at that dose. The Now's brand is far more price competitive given that you only need 2. It works well for me. Smooth and focused.

Healthy

Posted by Reviewer1457061 on Nov 27, 2007

I started to use Panax Ginseng because when you do the research it's the herb you would want to be on to prevent flu. The additional benefits are many. Improved energy, thinking ability, and stamina. It's had clinical studies that show it's benefits.

a clear positive effect in Subjective Well-Being

Posted by 5681329647522940939 on May 10, 2014

One of the most effective adaptogens. It as a clear positive effect in subjective well being. Combined with Zoei Men´s it will work with great synergies. Unfortunatelly to me it does not provide calmness (more the opposite) nor regulates sleep when traveling but so far, it is one of the most efficient adaptogens I have tried.