Now Foods, Pea Protein, Natural Unflavored, 2 lbs (907 g)

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

The Good and The Bad

Posted by Reviewer2087720 From Indiana on May 21, 2009

I notice a definite difference in my energy level when I use this product! It mixes in with just about anything. Now for the bad--no matter what you mix it with, the taste is not good. It is supposed to be 'unflavored' but there is still a distinct 'taste' in the background. I have found it mixes best with bananas and strawberries added.

Pea Protein

Posted by Reviewer1184877 From Finland on Sep 06, 2011

Otherwise might be a good product but wasn't suitable for my stomach, really made my stomach swell and hurt.

Not for use in milk alone.

Posted by Reviewer2841094 From Georgia on Apr 04, 2011

I read the reviews before ordering this product. I will be more careful in the future about trusting these reviews. If you want this to mix in milk alone, it has a terrible taste and texture. I mix it in my smoothies, and it's tasteless that way, but be warned. You may not like the texture. I cannot use a full scoop. I don't like the texture. Half a scoop is manageable. For the price and amount of protein, it's a good value if you are okay with the texture. I've managed to get through it, but I think I'll try something different next time.

Different & thicker than others

Posted by Reviewer1118862 From Illinois on Oct 14, 2011

This stuff is a bit strange. When you add water it gets very thick. Reminds me of making Gerber baby cereal from a box--just add water and you get a thick pablum. And it kind of tastes like it could be baby cereal, too. Not BAD exactly but it behaves differently than other protein powders I've used (soy, whey, rice). This might be good if you want to add it to savory foods like potatoes or soups, etc. or as a thickening agent. As it is, it will probably take me awhile to finish the jar.

meh