prefer over whey

Posted by Reviewer3296942 on Jun 19, 2010

I prefer this over the whey protein. I can feel an energy surge about an hour after drinking it. You need to dress it up flavor wise... I add coconut, apples, oranges, nuts, and a fruit juice.

Tastes a little gamey, but basically good

Posted by Reviewer2731050 on Dec 21, 2009

Rather than unflavoured, this is definitely pea flavoured. I wouldn't want to have it alone, but it goes well in smoothies. It mixes well but is a little grainy so I put it in first, whizz it up separately and then add the other ingredients. My only complaint is the size of the bottle. If it contained a full 30 servings, rather than 28, it would make remembering to reorder more automatic.

So Far, So Good!

Posted by Reviewer2721363 on Jul 28, 2011

While the flavor isn't as wonderful as the many sugar-laden alternatives out there, it's not nearly as bad a some people have claimed. I mix mine with unsweetened cocoa and cinnamon and a bit of stevia and it tastes just as good as any other vegan protein powder out there! Plus it doesn't 'gas me up' like whey protein does.

good solubility

Posted by blabla on Sep 12, 2012

Given enough water this product has a very high solubility. It never cause me any bloating and it's a good options for people trying to get more protein from non-animal sources. 4 stars because the taste is a bit unpleasant, but that's not the main factor in a protein powder.

Good choice for low methionine protein

Posted by Reviewer1044479 on Dec 01, 2009

Does not taste great but that's expected it being unflavored. Mixing it with creatine made it taste worse so take it by it self.Great amino acid profile considering that its vegetable protein

Pea protein

Posted by Reviewer1638609 on Feb 23, 2011

Good texture, mild pea flavour.Use it as an alternative to whey for body building.

seems ok

Posted by Reviewer2728133 on Nov 29, 2011

I chose this over Source naturals as this is an isolate, not a concentrate.

Fantastic baking product! As a shake... not so much.

Posted by 4884506536114087006 on Oct 26, 2014

I'd purchased a 2lb tub of this protein a while ago and only ever tried it as a shake and results were not good at all. The "unflavoured" taste is near impossible to mask and the texture doesn't help either. I put it aside for a few months and only recently gave it a go in making some vegan protein muffins and am extremely pleased with the results. I'll definitely be picking this up again for the purposes of baking and cooking.

Awesome

Posted by 4903275176445322551 on Jan 23, 2015

It is highly recommended. I can taste the flavor of peas and for me it is more digestible than soy products.

from a french user - sorry for english mistakes

Posted by Reviewer1462582 on Jul 23, 2010

I was using whey protein (GNC's Amplified Wheybolic and BSN Nutrition's Lean dessert) and find out I was intolerant to any type of dairy. So I gave this pea protein a try. It has pretty much as many Amino Acids as in the GNC Amplified Wheybolic, which is surprising in a good way. Though it really tastes like... peas :(. I've tried to accomodate it in many different ways but I still find it difficult to swallow. I guess I'll have to get used to it. If anybody has some serious tips to make it enjoyable, please share ! I give it 4**** because it's a very high quality protein, despite the taste.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »