works for mom

Posted by Reviewer3170607 on Jun 10, 2008

My mother has alzheimer's. If we give her at least 6 of these each day (up to 10), her mood and attitude are much MUCH improved. We also give her GPC (Jarrow), 4-5 per day. This helps her too (she stopped forgetting that there is such a thing as a toilet). Also giving NOW lecithin 3 Tbsp, and Reduced Glutathione (Jarrow), 1 or 2.

This one works

Posted by Reviewer1356074 on Feb 04, 2011

I have been using P.S. for about a year now and it is the first full night's sleep that I have been getting for about 7 years. It works by balancing cortisol. My cortisol would start to rise too early, waking me up and then be flat during the day when I needed more. My doctor recommended I try this. At first I took one with each meal then when it is working, I drop back to one with breakfast and one at bedtime. I successfully used another brand but was looking to save money so I tried some other brands. The Solgar brand did not work at all and I went back to being awake half the night. This one is slowly getting me back on track. Give it 2 to 4 weeks to start seeing a difference. You also have to do your part eating a healthy diet and eliminating caffeine and alcohol which are detrimental to the adrenals. Thyroid problems also go hand in hand with adrenal problems so have it checked.

Finally ...

Posted by Reviewer3050214 on Apr 01, 2011

I have been dealing with the ill effects of elevated cortisol levels for almost two years. i have literally tried every pill, lotion, potion and more with middling degrees of success ... but nothing i could really feel. i would be wired all the time, with a high heart rate, bouts of insomnia, anxiety, and just a feeling of not being well. i swear, the first day i took PS i felt a difference. it definitely lowers cortisol levels and i haven't thus far felt any sort of side effect (knock on wood). in fact my NP doctor has sent me a bunch of labs to complete but they have been sitting on my counter for weeks ... i would have to stop taking the PS to get a proper blood cortisol reading ... and i don't wanna stop taking it .. it's the first time in almost two years i haven't felt totally wired and on the edge of a panic attack bcos of high cortisol. things are perfect yet but this is definitely a real show stopper supplement for me. now i feel like i can see the light at the end of the tunnel and there hope of feeling like myself again someday soon.

Use this to reduce cortisol levels

Posted by Reviewer1204206 on Jan 31, 2010

I was diagnosed with high cortisol levels which bring on weight gain, insomnia, and more. I have been taking Phosphatidyl Serine for a few months now and have had a good response in that I can get to sleep without waking up at 9pm and then having problems going to sleep at 11pm. It is an expensive product but worth trying.

It stopped working after I ran out of product.

Posted by mutenca on Mar 30, 2011

I read a review similar to Soula Culver From California where the mother remembered peoples names (or her own). That happened to me... I can remember all 50 of my students names... until I ran out of this stuff and then my creative side disappeared and memory. It is not like I notice the difference until its gone. I do notice a much improved inventive side when I do take it. Thanks iHerb.

learning disability

Posted by Reviewer2208921 on Jan 23, 2007

my daughter has a learning disability with dyslexia and this product has helped her through high school and now college.

Great for high cortisol at night

Posted by Reviewer3276893 on Sep 25, 2011

This stuff has saved my sanity! I have high cortisol at night and it prevents me from getting good sleep. From night one of taking this, it has made a HUGE difference! It's not perfect, but I no longer wake up at three am and can't get back to sleep. If i do wake up, I can go back to sleep, and its not very often anymore that i wake up throughout the night. WILL order again!

Great value & price

Posted by Reviewer2750513 on Apr 14, 2011

We use PS in our 11 year old daughter's ADHD treatment. We have used several brands but this brand is a great price for the dose plus it has choline & inositol too! We can't be without this PS.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer3308331 on Aug 15, 2012

I have high insulin levels, i`m ordering this product for second time. 10 centimeters down from my waist, improve my sleep , no more mood swings ! Love it !

Brain food!

Posted by Reviewer2001205 on Nov 10, 2008

I've been taking this for about 6 weeks now and I've definitely noticed a difference in my cognitive skills. I remember things faster, it's great!