Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is definitely one of the better digestive enzymes. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a low strength digestive blend.. It also contains no specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest the less common allergy food. The caps are vegetarian, very small and easy to swallow. The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I find the dosage is more suitable for a light meal or quick snack. For heavier meal, you probably want to be taking a medium-high strength digestive blend or multiple capsules. As for the price, it’s very cheap for 240 caps. The product does contain magnesium stearate and other binders/flow agents. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. You can try Now Foods Digest Platinium or Doctor’s Best brand if you want quality enzymes products with specialised enzymes for food that are meant to cause allergy for some people. Check out my page for more reviews!

I believe this helps but I really have no way of knowing.

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jun 19, 2013

Unlike most supplements, I didn't buy this for relief of any symptoms, I bought this to digest my food since I have impairment in that organ. I always make sure to take at least one with my food. I honestly don't know if it's doing anything at all but I bought several bottles already, going on faith. I don't get any side effects so going on faith that it's better to take it.

Plant Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1568221 on Feb 02, 2007

Since I starting using your product I have noticed a great improvement in my overall disgestive health. Thank you. Denise Conway

Husband depends on these...

Posted by Reviewer1533482 on Dec 02, 2007

to help relieve his nightly ritual of heartburn. :)

Now Food Plant Enzymes, 240 Vcaps

Posted by Reviewer2419415 on Sep 15, 2008

We are happy with the product but concerned about the security used to insure the safety of your products to consumers. Our first bottle had no plastic cover over the lid which may be standard but the lid was half off and when my husband checked the inside seal, it also was broken. He called iHerb to report this but the customer service rep seemed unconcerned. He said another bottle would be shipped but no there was no need to return the tampered bottle for investigation by iHerb when my husband asked about returning it. I do not know what kind of tracking of shipments you do inhouse but it would seem there would have been an investigation as to who was tampering with customer product. The shipping box was secured and showed no indication of having been opened and then resealed.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1071274 on Nov 15, 2008

These take care of any digestive complaints or types of foods and don't upset your system like some other brands/types of enzymes do.

Now Plant Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1327186 on Dec 26, 2008

An excellent all around enzyme. May look for something stronger in the future...

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2797113 on Sep 03, 2009

Very helpful

now food plant enzymes

Posted by Reviewer3058691 on Nov 23, 2009

excellent product and very affordable

If you eat lots of dead food, you need to take this

Posted by Reviewer2116014 on Jan 24, 2010

I am in my 50s and I take this to help my body digest my food. It has helped dramatically in relieving me of heart burn and acid reflux. I also give this to my 89 yo mother who was always coughing after her meals and doctors had no clue that it was related to low acid, low enzyme levels. After she takes this, she stops coughing after her meals. I also add a capsule in my dogs' meal each day for their overall health. I also take Betaine HCL.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »