Contains Bromelain which upsets my stomach

Posted by danarm on Apr 27, 2012

Bromelain is a digestive enzyme and anti-inflamatory substance which digests protein. I can't take it on empty stomach.

disappointing

Posted by vered999 on Jul 28, 2012

I had hoped this would help me with my post nasal drip, but it didn't, at all

Irdered several times

Posted by Reviewer2900469 on Oct 26, 2011

Caused stomach upset for me.

First Time user

Posted by Reviewer3117783 on Feb 19, 2009

I highly recommend the NOW FOOD Bromelain it is a great product but this I am not so sure as of yet.

Mixed feelings

Posted by 5513166283781169432 on Jul 28, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm taking this for intersitial cystitis to try to get off of Elmiron, which is highly effective, but very expensive. With the Elmiron, all bladder pain and frequency was gone and I was pretty much like a normal person. With this, I'm having good bladder days and bad bladder days. I'm also getting bladder pain again, which I haven't experienced in years. The first few days I took it, it upset my stomach and made me feel off. So, I take it with food now and had to build up to 4 capsules a day. I'm not giving up on this yet because I know some of these things take time, but I'm not sold yet. If things don't improve, I will be going back to the Elmiron because I was 100% symptom free on that.

Didn't help my fall allergies...

Posted by Reviewer3249808 on Oct 23, 2016

In fact they seem worse this year. We had a fairly cool, wet summer until Aug/Sept hit. Now since late Sept. I've been super miserable with itching, runny nose, watery eyes, congestion. I take several RX and OTC meds year round for allergies/asthma but even switching from generic zyrtec to generic allegra didn't help so I was open to something new. These had such great reviews, I figured I'd give them a try. I've been taking 2 of these twice a day for several weeks but I can't tell a difference. I'll just stick to an extra chlortrimeton or psuedofed depending on symptoms on the really bad days and suffer with dry mouth.... Though maybe the antiinflammatory properties are helping my joint pain? Hard to tell since I started 2 other ones at the same time.

Zero effect!

Posted by 5048429093150738189 on Jul 02, 2013

I ve tried other brands like Life extension & Solgar, both are initialy effective. But not this one! Fortunately it didn't give me any itch nor headache, that's why I gave it a 2 star.

D

Posted by Reviewer1878151 on Apr 16, 2015

Didn't do much for my allergies and the price is high!

Too early to tell

Posted by Reviewer2686301 on Jun 20, 2011

Been taking it for three weeks now. So far, it's 2 over 5 stars.