10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Now Foods, Real Food, Certified Oragnic Flax Seed Meal, 12 oz (340 g)

Bulky!

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Nov 16, 2007

This is very good for adding to baking products or smoothies, but it does absorb water and thicken a lot, so be aware. I added some to muffins and had to add a lot of water to get it back to workable consistency, which is fine, but be aware. While mixing batter, give it a minute to absorb the water and bulk up, then add more water if you have to. It's also very good in smoothies, but again it will make them very thick. Small enough grind to drink easily, and grinding the seeds probably helps you to digest them and get the most benefit from the nutrients within them, instead of just passing them through.

Great product, great price.

Posted by Reviewer1236024 on Mar 23, 2009

I mix this into my oatmeal with some honey for a satisfying breakfast. The omega-3 benefits of flax are more accessible to the body when taken in meal form rather than seed form. I store this product in the freezer, having read that the oils in flaxseed can go rancid.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1217929 on Nov 11, 2009

Product is fresh and ground very fine. I put it on my Greek yogurt and blueberries in the morning. Is very yummy. Great source of fiber and Omega 3.

Low Carb option

Posted by Reviewer2791866 on Jan 30, 2008

This product is great for adding fiber to a low carb diet. I make faux pancakes and waffles with it. I shopped around and this was the best deal I found on the net.

Great product, great price

Posted by Reviewer2720611 on Jan 23, 2010

This is the way to buy flax seed, already ground and tasty. I keep it in Tupperware in my fridge and just sprinkle a few tsps on my cereal. Quick and easy. Wish I had remembered to buy another one with my last order because I am going through it fast...!