Unedible due to terrible, awful, bitter sour taste!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Nov 15, 2012

I regret buying these: they are just awful and unpalatable. Somehow I managed to eat 6 to give it a good test. Out of 6, only 1 tasted remotely normal but the other 5 were not only extremely sour but also very bitter as if something were off with them. The package says "tart & tangy" and it's that, too, but if the degree of sourness makes it an extreme challenge which might be appealing to those who enjoy biting into lemons, the terrible bitterness of them make them truly beyond awful and that's the best review I can honestly leave, sorry. If I have to say one thing positive: they are very soft and do not hurt my sensitive teeth but that's it! I should have gone with the goji berries, these are truly foul!

Great taste!

Posted by Reviewer2351969 on Nov 30, 2012

The golden berries are sour and delicious but not dry like other brands - yummy!

love this 。.:*:.゜★

Posted by lchchchiyo on Jun 21, 2013

great value for money and organic is a big plus! only concern; one time they tasted so sour ( even bitter) and were hard to chew, the other time they were perfectly sweet and sour and were moist and chewy. i like them in both conditions but i guess it's not for everyone's case.

Have'nt tried this yet

Posted by 5713527132002485677 on Jul 03, 2013

Have not tried this yet

Tart and Tasty

Posted by Reviewer1812067 on Jul 09, 2013

JUST A NOTE UP FRONT. IHERB HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! DO NOT EXPECT ANY HELP AT ALL IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ORDER. IT HASN'T SHIPPED IN FOUR DAYS? SORRY, THEY CAN'T TELL YOU WHY OR WHEN IT WILL SHIP. NONSENSE! Oh my goodness, I love these. Don't expect them to be sweet. They are very tart. Combined with something sweet though, such as chocolate chips, makes them taste even better. Very good for you!

Love these

Posted by 5075662932439466850 on May 13, 2014

I love the tartness of these berries, and this brand is organic , chewy and very delicious

Yum!

Posted by 5329087313703804811 on Jul 28, 2014

Yum is really all that needs to be said :)

Great alternative for sour candy

Posted by AneBra on Oct 30, 2012

Just as good as the navita's naturals, only for a much better price. These are sour and delicious, and not dry like so many other brands out there. I don't like golden berries in it's natural state, but this is just right for my taste buds. I kind of cringed in the start after my first purchase of golden berries and regretted buying it, but after having a couple more of them I found it hard to stop. If you want them even softer you can let them stay in water for a couple of hours, but I don't find it necessary with this brand. Great as a healthy snack alternative, Now Foods has never disappointed me in the food department.

Incredible

Posted by Reviewer2164723 on Nov 18, 2012

I wonder if the other reviewer had a bad batch because mine have been delicious! Very sour but also sweet. No bitterness though :) Addictive!

These are juicy and much better than navitas

Posted by Reviewer1082428 on Dec 12, 2012

These are bigger, juicy and much better than navitas

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »