• Reviews | English

Update to Review: "High quality fresh organic walnuts" on Jan 3, 2013

Posted by Reviewer1689881 on Jan 03, 2013

***Original Comment: Mostly halves, few peices, very fresh. Best organic walnuts I have found.***Updated Comment from Jan 3, 2013: This applies to lot # 1526225A, Best By 10/2013. These walnuts are not quite as fresh as I have received in the past. However, they are still of good quality, as good as other organic brands I have tried, they still look good, I do not see any mold, and are still mostly halves. I'll bet they were excellent when they were fresh. I'm going to toast these with a little maple syrup to use on my salads, since they are not quite as enjoyable to eat as they are. I feel sad for the grower, it appears they did their part right. Maybe someone along the supply chain accidentally forgot to rotate their stock, or didn't refrigerate them properly. That is how it appears to me. I would suggest that anyone else with a bad experience post their lot numbers for reference. I have temporarily modified my rating from five stars down to three. Will gladly modify it back to five if the quality issues are resolved by the next time I order these walnuts.

Bag does not reseal well; Strong taste

Posted by Non-GMO on Jan 21, 2013

These walnuts are a good value compared to other brands of raw walnuts. Note, though, that Now Foods also has a not organic bag, which in my case was sent accidentally and am only noticing now when my review of it did not go through. So make sure you get the right one and call right away if you do not. Also, be prepared to switch them to another container or ziplock bag to keep them fresh. This bag is supposed to be resealable, but has not functioned properly for me. My recent batch had a strong, bitter taste, which makes me hesitant to order them again. They were relatively crisp and mostly whole halves. I recall them being fine in the past. It may have been due to the non-organic bag being sent to me. I will try them one more time, and update my review accordingly.