• Reviews | English

Walnuts

Posted by holahola on May 26, 2011

A little bitter, but better after soaking. Ive experienced that walnuts varies alot in bitterness, so I guess I just wasnt lucky with this bag. But thats okay! The next one will be better, thats what Ive experienced.

Yummy

Posted by Reviewer2092134 on Jul 05, 2011

Great walnuts with fresh taste.

Good quality. Would buy again.

Posted by Reviewer2295193 on Sep 20, 2012

I soak them to reduce phytic acid (which improves digestibility in nuts) and roast them in a moderate oven with ghee and they turn out just wonderful. Great on its own as snacks, in baked goods, or even walnut butter.

I put on top of my Arrowhead Mills steel cut oats

Posted by Reviewer2712994 on Aug 08, 2011

These always taste fresh. I like them, but started buying them especially to get natural ways to lower cholesterol.

Slightly Bitter

Posted by rabbit on Jul 03, 2012

I am used to walnuts having more of a sweet flavor, but these have a slightly bitter taste. Not bad for the price though.

Bag does not reseal well; Strong taste

Posted by Non-GMO on Jan 21, 2013

These walnuts are a good value compared to other brands of raw walnuts. Note, though, that Now Foods also has a not organic bag, which in my case was sent accidentally and am only noticing now when my review of it did not go through. So make sure you get the right one and call right away if you do not. Also, be prepared to switch them to another container or ziplock bag to keep them fresh. This bag is supposed to be resealable, but has not functioned properly for me. My recent batch had a strong, bitter taste, which makes me hesitant to order them again. They were relatively crisp and mostly whole halves. I recall them being fine in the past. It may have been due to the non-organic bag being sent to me. I will try them one more time, and update my review accordingly.

Not fresh

Posted by 5374051247152140916 on Mar 03, 2014

Walnuts tasted old, like they were on the verge of becoming stale. Will never purchase again. Not worth the price.

Yum

Posted by tinatherese on Apr 12, 2013

Delish!

Posted by Reviewer1516584 on Sep 30, 2012

These walnuts are very good. I keep them in the fridge so they keep fresh longer. Lots of whole walnuts - not too many pieces. Great value!

Excellent Walnuts!

Posted by Reviewer1438643 on Jul 01, 2012

Walnuts taste very fresh and sweet. I am not sure if it is because they are organic. This is the first time I am buying organic walnuts, I usually buy the non organic ones. The price is a little high for only a 340 g packet but I suppose being organic they cost more. You pay for what you get. I will certainly stick to buying organic walnuts.