Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Real Food, Certified Organic Raw Walnuts, Unsalted, 12 oz (340 g)

Win-Win all the way

Posted by Reviewer2587754 on Feb 23, 2012

I have so many allergies that I am literally running out of foods to eat. I have tried organic nuts from health food stores but they were either rancid or contaminated with chemicals or aluminum, and nuts.com sold me organic macadamias that were loaded with aluminum. So I gave up on nuts until I stumbled on NOW Foods organic walnuts on the iHerb website. They are sealed in nitrogen-flushed bags, so there is no danger of rancidity. That got my attention! I noticed that 9 reviewers said the walnuts were sweet and delicious, and one said they were bitter (rancid), so I figured that once in a great while the guy who seals the bags makes a mistake. But that's actually a great batting average, so I ordered 2 bags, and both have given me sweet and delicious walnuts I can eat raw. Now here's the bonus: it turns out that walnuts are a natural source of melatonin. I had to quit melatonin years ago because I took it for too long and got allergic to it, but when I have 2/3 cup of NOW walnuts with supper, I not only get a delicious and filling meal, I also get one or two extra hours of sleep that night! What a deal!

Exceeded my expectations!

Posted by Reviewer2411072 on Mar 14, 2011

I was hesitant to pay that price, but since I wanted Organic, I had to. Not disappointed at all with the quality - more big, fat halves that I expected

Greatly disappointed.

Posted by 5661434981025758536 on Apr 27, 2014

I as very disappointed that the walnuts I received were rancid and some of them tasted "burnt" which seems impossible considering they are raw. Really not edible.

Not Fresh

Posted by 5318403316879790722 on Jun 22, 2013

These walnuts were a disappointment. They smelled and tasted old, even though the date is good for a year.

Excellent, product, highly recommended!

Posted by Reviewer1513084 on Mar 06, 2011

Wonderful, fresh tasting, great on salads, with fresh or dried fruit. Very happy with these walnuts. Good quality, excellent price. Pecans, almonds, brazil nuts also great!