Beware - from GMO Corn

Posted by SazfromIreland on Apr 10, 2012

A previous reviewer posted that this product is non-GMO. In fact, if you look at the product descrption, NOW say that the product comes from a corn source, but do not state it is non-GMO. NOW has a policy to use Non-GMO products when possible BUT they can't guarantee that this product is produced from NON-GMO corn. For those interested, they do state that their Xylitol is from a non-GMO source of corn.

I'm guess I'm just a stevia fan...

Posted by snowfitness1 on Aug 17, 2012

I don't find erythritol to be sweet enough. I guess I'm just used to how sweet stevia is, but I thought I'd try this for a change. I won't buy again. I DO like xylitol though, so I would purchase that if I wanted more of the granular thing. Otherwise, I'll stick to stevia. :)

Hardly sweet

Posted by Reviewer1372230 on Jan 27, 2008

This product is severely lacking in sweetness. It's hardly sweet at all. If you aren't diabetic, I see no reason to use this instead of a real sweetener.

Not a good sweetener

Posted by Reviewer3281519 on Oct 31, 2010

Not very sweet, so you have to use a lot of it, and is therefore too expensive I think. It also tastes pretty bad in my opinion, and you really notice the taste, especially in hot drinks.

the erythritol disaster.

Posted by Reviewer1746500 on Nov 03, 2011

the sweetener was not sweet, i did not like it at all,xyitol is much better.but hard to

nora

Posted by Reviewer2971722 on Feb 28, 2010

I can not taste the sweetness.

Not good

Posted by 5135920963094917116 on Mar 09, 2014

No sweetness, and did get a stomach ache.

Thought it was too good to be true- it was.

Posted by 5231209421195999786 on Jun 09, 2014

I bought this specifically to make a baby-shower cake for my friend who was at risk for gestational diabetes. I just replaced the sugar in the recipe with erythritol. The cake looked and smelled great but it tasted awful! It even made some people feel sick. It had a metallic, cloyingly sweet taste. Almost the whole cake ended up in the bin :(.