not organic

Posted by Reviewer1850552 on Aug 22, 2008

I hope Now can find a way to encourage organic options. The product is good, but it's questionableto be eating the hull of the rice that must be the most laden with pesticides.

Great product, exactly what I wanted

Posted by Reviewer2145684 on Aug 13, 2008

This rice bran product comes milled without roasting. The texture is very fine, and is perfect for a form of Japanese pickling called nukazuke. "Nuka" is the Japanese name for rice bran. The aroma, once roasted, is amazingly rich and it roasts to a nice golden caramel color.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2188482 on Jun 05, 2011

I also made sure from the manufacturer that the product is free of any heavy metals. Most things made by Now Foods are great!

Try it.

Posted by Reviewer2984838 on Mar 22, 2008

This rice bran is surprisingly nutty in flavor,,,quite nice. I eat it raw as a fiber supplement and it's delicious. I'm sure it would be delicious on any breakfast cereal, give it a try.

Nice Addition

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Jun 02, 2008

I like adding it to cereals, porridges, shakes, etc. It adds a nice, nutty flavor. Most would also appreciate the added fiber, too.

nice flour substitute

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Nov 02, 2012

This has a very fine texture so it makes a good substitute for wheat flour, I add it to muffins and along with protein powder and extra eggs can make a good substitute for the gluten in wheat flour, rising and holding air bubbles as well as a regular recipe. Also it comes in a newer more attractive bag than shown pictured, which is supposed to be resealable but not very easy to seal so I will repackage it into another container.

B Vitamins

Posted by Reviewer2949566 on Jun 20, 2013

This was suggested to me by my Chiropractor as a great natural source of B vitamins, so I take a couple of tablespoons every morning - probably one reason I feel so good at age 75.

Good for you too!

Posted by Reviewer2171025 on Aug 08, 2009

Great in muffins for breakfast and good for you. Fiber you know.

Nice and sweet!

Posted by Reviewer3021531 on Oct 05, 2009

I like these rice bran solubles but I have tasted better tocotrienols. These are good for the price though and taste great with chocolate!

First reviw for this site

Posted by Reviewer2132900 on Jun 04, 2010

This stuff is what makes brown rice so healthy. Most nutrients in seeds, nuts, fruits and others is in the skin. Well packaged.