• Customer Ratings

nice chia

Posted by Fantasy on Oct 05, 2013

Nice chia seeds. Really fills your stomach!

Chia seed

Posted by 5715842897135333678 on Oct 05, 2013

Quite good

Good

Posted by 5729607100153541088 on Oct 20, 2013

Pretty good. Hard to find a specific characteristic to make these stand out against other chia seeds. Maybe I'm lucky that I've only ever had good quality products from various brands.

CHIA SEED

Posted by 5629174400888929798 on Aug 07, 2013

have not used yet

Bugs n Dirt

Posted by 5655905921332876836 on Oct 11, 2013

I bought a bag of these a couple months ago and they were great! When I ran out, I bought another bag....and didn't even realize until looking through my purchase history that they actually were from the same company. This second bag had tons of stems and pieces of dirt in it. I transferred the seeds to 2 different airtight containers right away....and today found that both were full of tiny tiny bugs crawling through them. None of my other containers have any bugs, so I think the bag must of been contaminated. I had to throw all the remaining seeds out :-( Watch out!

disappointing quality

Posted by 5005619748223873614 on Jan 12, 2014

Used to order Nuvita's and decided to try out this brand since I had found other products from Now Foods were mostly satisfying. Guess i made bad decision this time....it has really lots of debris/dirt which give me unpleasant feeling,like chewing little stone, at every spoonful of chia seeds. Wish they would work on improvement in quality control...

The Worst!

Posted by 5296699230794782719 on May 16, 2014

I ordered two bags of these thinking they would be normal Chia seeds but unfortunately both bags were full of small specks of something that resembled rocks. I added them to my oats in the morning and was finding that I kept biting down on small stone like pieces. They are impossible to see in the bag as they look like the seeds themselves. I tried both bags in case it was just one but the second was even worse. They are completely inedible and it is scary to think about how much dirt, rocks or whatever it was that I accidently ate.

Now Foods, Real Food, White Chia

Posted by 5598701777315489298 on Mar 30, 2016

I love chia seeds but the bag I just bought tastes funny - kind of like the plastic container. I put them in another container - aired them for a while but they still tasted funny. I won't buy them again.

TASTES LIKE DIRT

Posted by 5507436119886401519 on Feb 28, 2016

No no no no no no. Those chia seeds are TERRIBLE! I can't believe it has such great reviews. It smells like dirt, which I can live with. But when it tastes like dirt as well, no matter what it's mixed with, I have to put my foot down. Those people who have given it five stars can't possibly have any other kind of chia seeds. The rest of the bag is going in the trash.

m