Now Foods, Real Food, White Chia Seed, 1 lb (454 g)

Dirty chias

Posted by Jaaniin From Finland on Oct 05, 2013

It had so much dirt in it that you don´t want to eat it. I really hope that it was just this packet. There was some kind of mud, could see it, feel it and even taste it. It´s dirtyest chias we have ever seen. I did send mail to Now foods about this product.

DON"T BUY THESE!!!!

Posted by 4649863342218949236 on Nov 26, 2013

Love chia seeds but stay away from these!!! We got a few bags.. The first bag had some crunchy bits but second was way worse!! Did not noticed it till halfway through and finally (at the end of the bag!) dumped it out to see and managed to separate about a tablespoon's worht of pure dirt/earth!! Not sure how much of the dirt we ate, trying hard not to think about that! We tried a couple other brands without problems so do yourself a favor and avoid this one.. Unless you like eating dirt..

Contains sand-like black specks :(

Posted by 4810570341646987769 on Feb 27, 2014

This is my first purchase of chia seeds. I soak my seeds in water and drink it throughout the day. I noticed black specks which I initially thought was just black chia seeds. However, when I crushed it, it resembles sand particles and tastes bad. Very disappointed. Upon looking at some other reviews, I realised I'm not the only one with this bad experience.

Great Product

Posted by 5082816403788336979 on Mar 03, 2014

Good value and product. Perfect for making chia pudding.

Great Chia Seeds

Posted by 5102247090103082160 on Mar 21, 2014

I eat/drink these every day with water. They create a gel-like substance when mixed with (warm) water. They put me in a great mood and I know they are very nutritious. If you eat them before a meal, you will normally eat less. But that doesn't always work. I believe the white chia seeds are almost the same as the dark ones. Great product, great price.