Now Foods, Red Yeast Rice, with CoQ10 - 30 mg, 600 mg, 120 VCaps

Now Foods Red Yeast Rice Doesn't Work Anymore

Posted by Reviewer2852349 on Sep 28, 2010

This product actually did work quite well for me for a couple years, then, even though I continued at a slightly increased dosage, my cholesterol and triglycerides went back up to their original levels. Although it contains milk thistle & Co-Q-10 to protect against the potential effects of statin, this product probably no longer contains statin, so there is no point in taking it to lower cholesterol. The drug companies have succeeded in making it very difficult for mfg. of supplements to safely produce red yeast rice capsules.I have been obliged to go over to the dark side by taking Crestor. Alas.

Lowers cholesterol..

Posted by Reviewer1831792 on Jul 01, 2008

Does a great job at lowering cholesterol, told my doctor I would try this before going on meds.. total cholesterol is down 50+ points since taking for 2 months.. works great!

WOW, Is all I can say!

Posted by Reviewer1547814 on May 05, 2011

I've used this product for about a month. My labs were not good even while taking a statin. My liver tests were high from the statin. I stopped the statin and started this product 1 month ago . Wow!!! Everything is back to normal. Or I sould say better than normal. I am so happy with this product. It even raise my good cholesterol 2 points! My liver is back to normal and I have no adverse effects like I had with the statin. I did not tell my Dr i switched untill after the month passed. I get my labs checked mthly. He was dumbfounded, He said, What are you doing to get these reults. I told him about the red yeast rice. He has never heard of it. He was at a loss for words. I am also saving a lot of money. The statin was very expensive.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1544707 on Jun 08, 2009

I am not sure of how effective this is yet but it does reduce hunger feelings and for that I am grateful to have found this.

It's working

Posted by Reviewer2505611 on Mar 10, 2009

My cholesterol went from 310 to 244. I've been eating right also but I'm thinking the red yeast rice helped a lot. I'm still shooting for under 200.