Roger

Posted by Reviewer1209894 on Aug 16, 2009

Very good. Thanks.

Value

Posted by Reviewer2924417 on Aug 14, 2009

Great! I use this brand a lot and you get a lot for not a lot!

Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer3153499 on Aug 10, 2009

Really great!

Posted by Reviewer1346508 on Jul 31, 2009

We have been taking Milk Thistle as a supplement for a year or so, as a preventative medicine. The addition of Artichoke, and Dandelion Root is an added bonus. Easy to digest. We made the switch!

Good for high liver enzymes

Posted by Reviewer3351482 on Jul 13, 2009

my doctor told me i had fatty liver and my enzymes were high. I began taking milk thistle and could tell immediate results of having a smaller abdomen, less fluid retention in the right abdomen and relief from back ache and pressure from gas in the stomach. 6 months later my liver function tests are almost normal!!. I look forward to getting the results of my next liver function tests because I keep feeling better and keep taking milk thistle. I do not have any side effects from milk thistle at all.

First time using Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer2814708 on Jun 01, 2009

I have a very sensitive system and often react unfavorably to herbs. However, after having some gallbladder problems I did a liver cleanse using another product that had a small amount of milk thistle in it. I felt really great after the cleanse and decided to get just milk thistle to help continue cleansing the liver. No adverse effects thus far and I've been using these for about three weeks.

iherb shipping service

Posted by Reviewer1438505 on Mar 07, 2009

fantastic

liver suport

Posted by Reviewer1780631 on Jan 20, 2009

good product no complaints.

Now Foods, Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, 2X-300 mg, 200 Vcaps

Posted by Reviewer1884926 on Jan 06, 2009

I haven't used them yet, but I am a big fan of NOW and have no reservations that this is a great product.

Excellent value and effectiveness

Posted by Reviewer1889787 on Nov 28, 2008

For my personally, besides taking it on a regular basis for liver protection, I give it to my 14 year old to control acne (which is often caused by the hormones overloading the liver) and I myself take it in increased amount whenever I have shoulder pain. Here's the blurb where I describe it on my website: Excellent value for double strength silymarin combined with dandelion root and artichoke extract. Now also makes a 1x Silymarin extract called Now Silymarin which contains silymarin in a base of turmeric powder and is also an excellent silymarin combination when taken in small amounts (up to double recommended) since too much turmeric powder can causing a burning sensation. Now Silymarin 2x contains no "hot" herbs in it though so can be taken in large amounts if necessary. Besides cleaning the liver of all manner of toxins, silymarin protects it, too. One of the first clinical studies on its properties was conducted on rats where half were fed silymarin then all of them were fed deathcap mushrooms. All the ones who had silymarin lived while all the ones without it died. Even so, it is not recommended to test silymarin's protective effects by eating poisons which are toxic to the liver!