good product

Posted by Ladygreen on May 26, 2014

I don't have liver issues but taking it as preventative. One thing I noticed: if I take it before I go to the party with drinks, I do not get drunk!! It protects your liver from alcohol and does not let it into your blood. It is a great liver protector.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2032356 on Nov 05, 2010

Love this product, only starting taking this product after 2 days i feel much much better. thank you

amazing

Posted by Reviewer1124792 on Sep 11, 2011

after 6 months of taking this product my liver enzymeswent from 70 down to 40, yay!

Excellent for the Liver

Posted by 5698323975356349324 on Apr 12, 2016

I had a swollen liver and backed up gallbladder. I took different herbs, mainly Herb Pharm's Stone Breaker formula (AMAZING) and Chanca Piedra to clear up my gallbladder and Now Foods' Double Strength Silymarin. I took the stone breaking herbs for about three weeks before starting on my liver cleanse. My chronic, moderate gallbladder was reduced in three days and 70% gone by three weeks. At this time I started into Now Foods' Silymarin. Right away (40 minutes or so) I could hear my liver gurgling a bit and within two days my swollen liver of the past seven or so months was greatly reduced in size. Fast forward to the end of the bottle, my liver seemed to be fully back to normal, my energy levels were up by about 30% compared to before and my chronic back ache that was there for years was gone, gone, GONE. I could also again eat peanuts again for the first time in years without getting a HUGE, live 300 to 700 pimple outbreak on my back. As is, I use peanuts as my liver test. If I eat a bag and I get the odd pimple, it's time to go back and use Silymarin and other herbs to clean things up again.

Silymarin: Doctor ordered for the liver

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I only started to take this because my doctor said "take it". It cleanses the liver of all the poisons from medication that collect in the liver. Dr also said to take it with ALA and a little vitamin C.

Good value

Posted by Reviewer3064716 on Sep 19, 2009

Every Scotchman knows the value of milk thistle.If you like your single malt neat and frequent,you'd better take a good amount of milk thistle.Now seems to be a good product.

First time using Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer2814708 on Jun 01, 2009

I have a very sensitive system and often react unfavorably to herbs. However, after having some gallbladder problems I did a liver cleanse using another product that had a small amount of milk thistle in it. I felt really great after the cleanse and decided to get just milk thistle to help continue cleansing the liver. No adverse effects thus far and I've been using these for about three weeks.

FEELING BETTER

Posted by Reviewer2773470 on Oct 05, 2011

My doctor wanted me to take this Extract. I feel better. It is easy on your stomach.

Your liver’s best friend!!!

Posted by My-Review-Page on Oct 09, 2013

I bought milk thistle after hearing the news that one of the six people sickened in Loomis by death cap mushroom survived after receiving a drug derived from milk thistle. The other four who did not receive the treatment died. The University of Maryland Medical Center states that animal studies have found that milk thistle extract completely counteracts toxic effects when given within 10 minutes of consumption. It can also significantly decrease the toxic effects on the liver if given within the first 24 hours. Now I take milk thistle each time I eat mushrooms---Of course I don’t have to be sick before taking milk thistle. Milk thistle is the best single herb for liver health and detoxification.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2979256 on Jun 22, 2012

everytime I used this product I developed stomach cramps severe enough to make life quite unpleasant. I have taken milk thistle before and never had any problem but these capsules have have two other products in them as well as the milk thistle. Maybe they are just a little bit strong for me but I could not recommend.