Good value

Posted by Reviewer3064716 on Sep 19, 2009

Every Scotchman knows the value of milk thistle.If you like your single malt neat and frequent,you'd better take a good amount of milk thistle.Now seems to be a good product.

First time using Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer2814708 on Jun 01, 2009

I have a very sensitive system and often react unfavorably to herbs. However, after having some gallbladder problems I did a liver cleanse using another product that had a small amount of milk thistle in it. I felt really great after the cleanse and decided to get just milk thistle to help continue cleansing the liver. No adverse effects thus far and I've been using these for about three weeks.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2032356 on Nov 05, 2010

Love this product, only starting taking this product after 2 days i feel much much better. thank you

amazing

Posted by Reviewer1124792 on Sep 11, 2011

after 6 months of taking this product my liver enzymeswent from 70 down to 40, yay!

good product

Posted by Ladygreen on May 26, 2014

I don't have liver issues but taking it as preventative. One thing I noticed: if I take it before I go to the party with drinks, I do not get drunk!! It protects your liver from alcohol and does not let it into your blood. It is a great liver protector.

Excellent for the Liver

Posted by 5698323975356349324 on Apr 12, 2016

I had a swollen liver and backed up gallbladder. I took different herbs, mainly Herb Pharm's Stone Breaker formula (AMAZING) and Chanca Piedra to clear up my gallbladder and Now Foods' Double Strength Silymarin. I took the stone breaking herbs for about three weeks before starting on my liver cleanse. My chronic, moderate gallbladder was reduced in three days and 70% gone by three weeks. At this time I started into Now Foods' Silymarin. Right away (40 minutes or so) I could hear my liver gurgling a bit and within two days my swollen liver of the past seven or so months was greatly reduced in size. Fast forward to the end of the bottle, my liver seemed to be fully back to normal, my energy levels were up by about 30% compared to before and my chronic back ache that was there for years was gone, gone, GONE. I could also again eat peanuts again for the first time in years without getting a HUGE, live 300 to 700 pimple outbreak on my back. As is, I use peanuts as my liver test. If I eat a bag and I get the odd pimple, it's time to go back and use Silymarin and other herbs to clean things up again.

Silymarin: Doctor ordered for the liver

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I only started to take this because my doctor said "take it". It cleanses the liver of all the poisons from medication that collect in the liver. Dr also said to take it with ALA and a little vitamin C.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2979256 on Jun 22, 2012

everytime I used this product I developed stomach cramps severe enough to make life quite unpleasant. I have taken milk thistle before and never had any problem but these capsules have have two other products in them as well as the milk thistle. Maybe they are just a little bit strong for me but I could not recommend.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Oct 25, 2008

I think it's good stuff. For me it's perfect for a detox of the liver, kidney and spleen. I think a felt a detox affect of taking these capsule. Because after taking it I felt drunk....stoned....but that's normal if you have a heavy detox (I use more supplements). I started with one capsule a day the first week, now I take 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening...and don't feel the detox effect anymore. That was only the first 2 days.

Protecting your liver function

Posted by Reviewer3333355 on Mar 04, 2012

My mom takes a lot of medication and is taking these to protect her liver from processing all those chemicals. She says that she's been sleeping better not waking up in the middle of the night. I guess it's working somehow.