Now Foods, Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, 2X - 300 mg, 200 Veggie Caps

Excellent Silymarin

Posted by Reviewer2446165 on Oct 13, 2009

I have been using this extra strength silymarin to aid detox from estrogens, environmental chemicals, and general toxin exposure that occurs everyday. I noticed that if I take it daily for 1-2 weeks before my menstrual cycle, I have no PMS or cramps! I'll be using this silymarin for as long as NOW makes it.

Hmm, not so good for detox

Posted by Reviewer1660870 on Jul 08, 2010

I bought this as I am doing a Candida diet (no sweet substances in my diet at all, no white flour, no lactose or yeast). The diet is proving to be awfully effective as I've felt poisoned by the dying Candida. I have been feeling absolutely horrible. This product was supposed to help by beefing up the power of the liver to remove toxins. Well it hasn't really helped with the 'toxic' sensation I've been experiencing. If detox is your aim I would not recommend this product. Through some very good fortune I found reviews here for Jarrow NAC (N Acetyl Cysteine) that said it was good for detox. So far - and I've only had 2 tablets so it's early to tell - it appears to be reducing my detox symptoms in a very noticeable way. This product never helped with this.

Good value

Posted by Reviewer3064716 on Sep 19, 2009

Every Scotchman knows the value of milk thistle.If you like your single malt neat and frequent,you'd better take a good amount of milk thistle.Now seems to be a good product.

First time using Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer2814708 on Jun 01, 2009

I have a very sensitive system and often react unfavorably to herbs. However, after having some gallbladder problems I did a liver cleanse using another product that had a small amount of milk thistle in it. I felt really great after the cleanse and decided to get just milk thistle to help continue cleansing the liver. No adverse effects thus far and I've been using these for about three weeks.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2032356 on Nov 05, 2010

Love this product, only starting taking this product after 2 days i feel much much better. thank you