Good product

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Oct 25, 2008

I think it's good stuff. For me it's perfect for a detox of the liver, kidney and spleen. I think a felt a detox affect of taking these capsule. Because after taking it I felt drunk....stoned....but that's normal if you have a heavy detox (I use more supplements). I started with one capsule a day the first week, now I take 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening...and don't feel the detox effect anymore. That was only the first 2 days.

This product does not list the extract potency ratio.

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Mar 22, 2010

This product does not list on the label what the extract potency ratio is. This is very important information for all Milk Thistle consumers. Paradise Herbs, on the other hand, does list the potency ratio concentration. Now Foods is very good at purposely leaving out information on the label that would be helpful to consumers. More transparency and less marketing, please.

Super product

Posted by Reviewer2477918 on Aug 15, 2010

I take 2 tablets daily to be sure that my liver is healthy and works properly

Protecting your liver function

Posted by Reviewer3333355 on Mar 04, 2012

My mom takes a lot of medication and is taking these to protect her liver from processing all those chemicals. She says that she's been sleeping better not waking up in the middle of the night. I guess it's working somehow.

Supposedly estrogenic

Posted by Reviewer2141871 on Dec 05, 2010

From what I've read, silymarin is estrogenic, meaning it acts as female sex hormone on the body. As a man, I'm too scared to take it because I don't want to develop breast tissue or sexual side effects. I have no idea how potent it is; maybe I am exaggerating but I'm not taking any risks for now. I wish I had known this before I ordered. I was going to use it to prevent cholesterol gallstones, since it lowers the cholesterol saturation index of bile and has other beneficial effects against gallstones.

Taking Milk Thistle for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

Posted by Reviewer2747608 on Oct 23, 2010

All I know is my liver enzymes are completely normal. I don't know if it is the milk thistle, but I take it anytime I am exposed to toxins (xylene in new floor adhesives recently, insecticides from golf course). It changed a reg. nurse friend's Hep C blood work to negative after years of bad numbers. I am a RN and I have no idea if it works, but I think it does.

Posted by Reviewer1346508 on Jul 31, 2009

We have been taking Milk Thistle as a supplement for a year or so, as a preventative medicine. The addition of Artichoke, and Dandelion Root is an added bonus. Easy to digest. We made the switch!

Help in detoxifying oestrogens

Posted by Reviewer2865067 on Dec 07, 2013

I took that Sillymarin to detoxify my body from excess oestrogens. I was stuck at a certain weight and begun to loose fat again after adapting my diet to anti-oestrogenic, which Sillymarin is part of.

very good

Posted by coupon-code-NOV689 on Feb 07, 2012

very good for the liver drink more than a year and there is no discomfort in the liver bolkak very strong and works well I will buy again can not live without it

Great Value

Posted by Reviewer1145404 on Oct 12, 2009

Milk Thistle is known to be best for liver detox, this blend is great, the product represents best value on the market.