Now Foods, Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, 2X - 300 mg, 200 Vcaps

Your liver’s best friend!!!

Posted by My-Review-Page From Canada on Oct 09, 2013

I bought milk thistle after hearing the news that one of the six people sickened in Loomis by death cap mushroom survived after receiving a drug derived from milk thistle. The other four who did not receive the treatment died. The University of Maryland Medical Center states that animal studies have found that milk thistle extract completely counteracts toxic effects when given within 10 minutes of consumption. It can also significantly decrease the toxic effects on the liver if given within the first 24 hours. Now I take milk thistle each time I eat mushrooms---Of course I don’t have to be sick before taking milk thistle. Milk thistle is the best single herb for liver health and detoxification.

I wouldn't go a day without it

Posted by kaheekim From New York on Sep 18, 2012

Silymarin makes me feel more energized throughout the day. Happy liver = happy me!

Well worth the cost.

Posted by thenourishedlife From Alabama on Nov 09, 2012

I used to be a bargain hunter when it came to supplements, but now I know better. This Silymarin is a high quality, standardized product that delivers the full benefits of milk thistle. I can absolutely tell this aids in liver function, because I have less PMS now and I lose weight more easily than before (yay!). I've been taking it for about one month (3 capsules every morning and night) and I will continue taking it. A+++

One of the best formulas out there

Posted by 5750447066871541370 on Nov 20, 2012

Great formula. All ingredients work synergistically. Tried many formulas but this one has got it perfect. Milk Thistle, Dandelion and Artichoke in a vegan formula. Works for me.

Help in detoxifying oestrogens

Posted by Reviewer2865067 From Canada on Dec 07, 2013

I took that Sillymarin to detoxify my body from excess oestrogens. I was stuck at a certain weight and begun to loose fat again after adapting my diet to anti-oestrogenic, which Sillymarin is part of.