Keeps GERD, reflux at bay

Posted by Reviewer1797710 on May 29, 2008

Slippery elm coats the digestive tract, allowing it to heal. My husband got off his PPI medication for GERD and takes 2 capsules of slippery elm with each meal instead. On the meds, he still had a great deal of pain. Now he only has pain about twice a week. Really excellent results! When he does have pain, we make a tea from the slippery elm powder, and the pain goes away right away. (You can just open the capsules until you have a tsp of powder and add boiling water - thick, bland tea which benefits from a sweetener).

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2491106 on Nov 15, 2007

I have acid reflux. I find taking four to five capsules stops the rumination and settles my stomach. I strongly recommend it for anyone who suffers from this chronic condition.

mrs ford

Posted by Reviewer3097605 on Feb 06, 2008

used in help with acid reflux, helped sooth stomach and intestinal tract, natural and no side effects .also used in sore throat.used with marshmallow root to help with colitis.

Never Became Mucilaginous in Water

Posted by 4810737805201878325 on Jul 01, 2014

I had slippery elm powder before here in Australia. I found it helped a lot with my stomach issues. I got 2 bottles of this Now slippery elm capsules because I was going overseas and it'd be a lot easier to just take capsules while I was travelling. I've been using the capsules for a few days now and I didn't feel it's doing anything. So I thought I'd try to open capsules into a 1/3 cup of warm water to melt it, then pour 2/3 cup of water as I used to do. But, in my surprise, when I put 7 capsules which was about one teaspoonful, it never became mucilaginous (slimey, gel-like) in texture. I put 2 more caps. It's just like water. I left it several minutes, it never became mucilaginous unlike my powder that I used before. I don't believe, this Now slippery elm capsule's got any actual quality of real slippery elm bark at all. When I tried it, the taste was also different. This one has almost no taste. Now is a well known health product company and I've used many other now products. I'm very disappointed and don't know what to trust if this kind of a big company is doing this. For now, I'm going back to the powder that's from a just small local company and stay away from any capsule forms.

Slippery Elm- insomnia & muscle pain gone

Posted by Reviewer2657801 on Aug 12, 2012

Great for insomnia- muscle pain and ibs- draws toxins out of ones body I will never be without it