Soothes the stomach

Posted by Reviewer1745818 on Apr 23, 2009

This really does work! I make a tea with about 1 tsp of powder. It gets kind of thick so it might not appeal to everyone, the capsules also work. My prescription antacid wasn't working so I had to try something different. So glad I did.

Great for singers

Posted by Reviewer2139244 on Apr 28, 2010

If you like to sing, mix a teaspoon of this with a cup of hot water. Wait 15 minutes, then drink and you will impress yourself with your own singing ability.

Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by TinVal on Aug 21, 2012

Hot slippery elm tea is a perfect end to a stressful day. Additional benefits are relieving gastrointestinal issues and as a nutritive herb (containing a number of nutrients).

Mapley Flavor!

Posted by Reviewer2257340 on Aug 21, 2009

My ND recommended slippery elm powder to aid my digestion. Directions say to simmer several minutes, but I add either slightly warm or even cold almond milk and it mixes just fine. It has a sweet, mapley flavor than reminds me of a hot cereal I ate as a child. I have also been adding it to raw almond meal cookies, dehydrated in the hot sun. Tastes like an oatmeal cookie, but it's gluten free!

Good for diverticulitis & any stomach upset.

Posted by ShelleyP on Apr 08, 2009

Wow - this is wonderful stuff! I won't be without it now. My husband has mild diverticulitis and the slippery elm seems to settle down abdominal pain and gas very quickly. I take some pain medication in the evening due to low back pain, which often upsets my stomach no matter how much water I drink. I take a heaping tsp. of the slippery elm (or a little more) in a few oz. water and it settles down my stomach in just a few minutes.

Good for the airways

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Mar 06, 2008

Good product for mucus in lungs and on vocal chords, for bronchitis and diabetes.It works for me the way it is said to work. By customer in Sweden.

Helps With Gut and Bowel

Posted by Reviewer1991305 on Jan 25, 2008

My wife takes this to help with constipation and it does seem to help. Much more affordable than other brands tried.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2384022 on Aug 15, 2008

I take this for a hyatal hernia and it helps.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1002441 on Mar 05, 2009

Add to morning protein drink, mixes well, tastes fine. Helps heal intestinal lining, diagnosed with diverticulitus, also changed diet.

Wouldn't be without this

Posted by Reviewer1264200 on Jul 27, 2009

Use it to calm down intestines when food allergies act up. Mix 1.5 tsp with 8 oz. water, microwave for 4 minutes, cool and drink, works every time! Great price!