Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1547705 on Dec 12, 2009

I read all the reviews before I bought the Slippery Elm Powder... many said this was amazing for indigestion and they were right. The first time I took it, my stomach acid calmed down. It was the most amazing relief I had had with anything else, including prescription medications. Only thing is that I have to continue to drink it as a tea whenever the acid ingestion comes back, which is couple times a day. I can see why one reviewer said she keeps a cup handy and takes sips as she needs it. By the way, I love the NOW products. Good quality and reasonable prices.

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2641409 on Mar 28, 2009

I use it for my cat who has a stomach problem - the Vet suggested it and it has been working fine.

Mapley Flavor!

Posted by Reviewer2257340 on Aug 21, 2009

My ND recommended slippery elm powder to aid my digestion. Directions say to simmer several minutes, but I add either slightly warm or even cold almond milk and it mixes just fine. It has a sweet, mapley flavor than reminds me of a hot cereal I ate as a child. I have also been adding it to raw almond meal cookies, dehydrated in the hot sun. Tastes like an oatmeal cookie, but it's gluten free!

Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by TinVal on Aug 21, 2012

Hot slippery elm tea is a perfect end to a stressful day. Additional benefits are relieving gastrointestinal issues and as a nutritive herb (containing a number of nutrients).

Good for diverticulitis & any stomach upset.

Posted by ShelleyP on Apr 08, 2009

Wow - this is wonderful stuff! I won't be without it now. My husband has mild diverticulitis and the slippery elm seems to settle down abdominal pain and gas very quickly. I take some pain medication in the evening due to low back pain, which often upsets my stomach no matter how much water I drink. I take a heaping tsp. of the slippery elm (or a little more) in a few oz. water and it settles down my stomach in just a few minutes.

Helps With Gut and Bowel

Posted by Reviewer1991305 on Jan 25, 2008

My wife takes this to help with constipation and it does seem to help. Much more affordable than other brands tried.

Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by 4826409171493070946 on Aug 01, 2013

I was diagnosed with bile reflux and read that this product may be helpful. I ordered and found this to be true. I used the first bottle and recently ordered two more. It mixes well and is helpful. I feel safe using it as often as I need.

slippery elm powder

Posted by Reviewer1745446 on Aug 13, 2011

i recently bought slippery elm powder as i read that it can help in the symtoms for a hiatus hernia it helps to line the osophogus and stomach to stop reflux and giving you heartburn so i thought i would try it to be fair its not the best taste in the world but with a little flavouring its ok and it works you have to take it 3 times a day but it does the job will definatly be buying some more

Good

Posted by Reviewer1002441 on Mar 05, 2009

Add to morning protein drink, mixes well, tastes fine. Helps heal intestinal lining, diagnosed with diverticulitus, also changed diet.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2384022 on Aug 15, 2008

I take this for a hyatal hernia and it helps.