A recreational drug for your skin

Posted by Reviewer2704661 on Jul 27, 2011

I've been using creams, oils and lotions since surviving a fire at the age of 17. Needless to say, my skin has been quite dry ever since. I've tried hundreds of products and become an expert on skin moisturizers. Mink oil works great. But it's expensive. Burt's Bee's carrot nutritive skin lotion is very good. And the price is right. But this stuff is a luxury. As good as soaking in a Japanese onsen. It does have a major drawback. It's hard, and you'll have to go through your kitchen utensil drawer to find a tool to chip away at it, then dump the chips into a small microwavable glass, then heat it up, then let it cool. But if you use it right after stepping out of the shower and right before going to bed at night, the next morning the elaborate cocoa butter ceremony you had to go through to get it on your body will have all been worth it. Your skin will feel like it's 17 again. If I could make a suggestion to Now: Use a more elegant container and stick a wick in this hard-as-wax cocoa butter. Market the stuff as an aroma-therapy-like candle that melts into a rich body oil.

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer1075572 on Jan 05, 2012

I loooooove this cocoa butter. It smells heavenly and absorbs in my skin well. It is hard, so I use a plastic spoon to scrape at it, which makes easily meltable shavings. More work than lotion, but less unneeded chemicals as this is all natural. My best friend visited and loved it--she used it with great results on her skin, which is prone to blemishes. I use it on my big ole pregnant belly! My husband is very satisfied with the results--no stretch marks, big shiny belly, plus I smell like a giant cookie for a couple of minutes after (yummy smell does dissipate after a few minutes).

Good for making chocolate

Posted by Reviewer1457686 on Jul 21, 2015

I make my own, homemade, unsweetened chocolate using this cocoa butter, cocoa powder, stevia and VitaFiber sugar-free sweetener. Cocoa butter is expensive at about $1.00 or more an ounce. This is the most affordable cocoa butter I've found. Note that although it is sold as a skin care product, it is pure cocoa butter and I've used it with good results making delicious chocolate in my kitchen.

What Cocoa Should Smell Like

Posted by Reviewer3165853 on Jun 28, 2011

this is sold as a cosmetics product, but is "food grade" - which is what my purpose was. It has a wonderful chocolatey aroma - better than many chocolates - that contributes a very nice, subtle chocolate flavor to any you're baking.

cocoa butter

Posted by Reviewer2700553 on Mar 22, 2011

It smells and tastes like chocolate! Cocoa butter is naturally very solid. I use it for making my own white chocolate. I got some from another company and it was awful. I made sure this one said "food-grade" when I ordered it. I also mix it with varying amounts of cocoa powder and sweetener like light agave nectar to make solid pieces of chocolate. Cocoa butter is one of the most stable fats known and contains natural antioxidants that prevent rancidity and give it a storage life of two to five years. That is probably why the manufacturer didn't put an expiration date on this product.

Good quality...

Posted by Reviewer2595730 on Aug 12, 2008

I really like using this cocoa butter. It's nice to know I'm not putting any dangerous chemicals on my skin, expecially since I am pregnant! You do have to rub it between your hands for a little bit to get it to soften, but I feel it's worth it.

The smell is delectable!

Posted by Reviewer2650552 on May 07, 2009

Smells so good, makes you think you've opened up a Hershey's chocolate bar! Good stuff

Brilliant

Posted by Reviewer2255839 on Jul 30, 2013

I melt this down and use it for making natural toxic free deodorant with baking soda, and shea butter. the best deodorant ever! Never have any break through odor and it is completely safe. You need to use a bit of shea butter as it is softer and makes it easier to apply. Cocobutter is naturally very hard when cold so more difficult to smooth on under the arm if you don't have the shea butter in there. this company produces the shea butter also..I liked it.

Ate it

Posted by Jennie on Feb 03, 2009

I made chocolate with this (along with Now Foods Agave Syrup) and it tasted really good. The only problem was that it was really hard to get out of the jar so I put it (the jar) in hot water and waited till it melted which was a very long time plus the jar deformed a bit so I don't know how healthy that is! :oO

So far so good!

Posted by Reviewer1905589 on Jul 08, 2013

I really like the product. this is my first cocoa butter product and it seems to be good quality of cocoa butter, even if it lighter than what we can see. I've been using it now for 2 month and I have notice that my skin is even. actuallly I think it does help a lot with protecting the skin from the sun. I will try other brands just to compare but I'm pretty satisfied with this one. Just to precise I'm not using it in his raw form since it is really hard. I use it beaten with a lighter oil and aloe vera gel