Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials

Now Foods, Solutions, European Clay Powder, 6 oz (170 g)

Reviews 4-star

Can be beneficial or a complete disaster, use sparingly.

17 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by jeaninegabrielle on Jul 29, 2013

I was very excited to start using clay powder masks and this is the first one I've tried. The first time I used it I made the mistake of leaving it on for a tad too long, I could feel the mask tugging at my skin and I could even feel my pulse. After washing off my skin felt amazing, and blackheads had come to the surface, making them extractable with very light pressure. I was so happy with my new discovery. However, I woke up the next morning with red, inflamed skin, a similar reaction I had to other beauty products. I figured it was because I left it on for too long and perhaps added too much clay and not enough liquid. I use Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel to mix with the clay. After my skin had recovered from the incident I tried a more diluted mixture, and it worked well. I wash it off just before it fully dries. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON UNTIL YOU FEEL YOUR PULSE! I should have stuck to that but I got adventurous and added tea tree oil to the mix. It was a big mistake, it went on feeling very refreshing but after 10 minutes my face was on fire and I had to deal with having red, irritated, painful skin for almost a week. So, for those of you with sensitive skin, use this sparingly, you don't necessarily have to use a thick paste, it can be too drying and cause irritation instead. Avoid mixing with oils like tea tree cos it can really burn through your skin. I also use this occasionally as a spot treatment so I don't run the risk of over drying my entire face. A little goes a long way.

Great clay mask

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2994150 on Oct 11, 2007

It's not as rough as an Aztec miracle mask. I mix in a little bentonite clay if I want a stronger mask.

working same as julep mask!

Posted by AnaAdmi on Dec 09, 2014

i love this mask, make my pore a lil bit shrink and my oily reduce :) ' you should try this and u wont regret, but this one very strong to pull all impurities from your skin www.pinkishbeautystore.com

European Clay

Posted by Reviewer2945060 on Dec 03, 2010

lovely texture! i mix it with my essential oils or honey or an egg white - yeah! works wonders.

Weekly Facial

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1377059 on May 05, 2006

I use this powder after a hot shower,and mild scrub. I mix clay, yoghurt(room temperature), sometimes honey and or lemon, and a few drops of my best face lotion ( to prevent drying too quickly). I apply the mixture as a spreadable thick paste on my face except for eye area. leave for max time until it starts pulling on skin a bit. This really decreases the number of small pustules/acne flare up I may have.