Easier to use than the solid lanolin

Posted by Reviewer2809047 on Mar 01, 2008

I tried this liquid lanolin because I liked the solid lanolin for it's amazing moisturizing effects, but the solid is so hard to use. I am very happy with this liquid lanolin. It moisturizes like the solid but spreads much more easily. I use it at night on face and hands, because it is a very heavy moisturizer and is not really suitable for daytime use. If you use it at night, you will be amazed when you wake up and see how much better your skin looks, like you just got 10 years younger.

Made my feet soft

Posted by Reviewer3256329 on Jun 04, 2009

I use this on my feet and hands at night time. It is sticky, like using vitamin E oil, but by morning, you feel smooth on the rough areas.

Effective all-around emollient and moisturizer, if you can get over the smell.

Posted by Leione on Apr 27, 2014

Lanolin is derived from sheep's wool and similar in chemical composition to the oils secreted by human skin. Its composition resembles the intercellular lipids of the stratum corneum, the outermost layer of the skin consisting of cholesterol, cholesterol derivatives and free fatty acids, which makes lanolin a natural alternative to petroleum jelly. Famous for its superb emollient and moisturizing properties, lanolin is easily absorbed by the skin, restoring its correct moisture balance and softness without impairing natural skin functions. Because of the polar nature of its compounds, lanolin has powerful emulsifying properties and can bind high amounts of water by forming stable emulsions. When it's applied to the skin, this moisture is distributed into the intercellular space of the stratum corneum, the outermost skin layer. Lanolin deeply moisturizes, nourishes, softens, soothes, protects, regenerates, and heals the skin, improving its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, preventing dryness, dehydration and flakiness. It also prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, small wounds, cuts, sores, insect bites, abscesses, burns, boils, blisters. This product really works for me: it moisturizes, softens and heals dry, rough and chapped patches on my hands and feet, but the smell is something else, it's incredibly hard to get over it.

wonderful for lips!

Posted by Reviewer1536695 on May 10, 2009

This makes the most wonderful lip gloss/moisturiser! If you like the sticky glossy type, that is. I have the more solid lanolin which does have a strong sheep odor and slightly irritate my lips. The liquid lanolin, however, is almost scentless and causes no reaction. I mix some colored mica with liquid lanolin for the easiest lip gloss. It does not dry out the lips like some other oils.

Super heavy duty

Posted by Reviewer2808138 on Dec 12, 2008

This is great stuff. It definitely isn't suited for use as a daytime moisturizer for someone with an office job, but nothing beats it when it comes to overnight conditioning. Not to mention 'weatherizing' any exposed skin in foul weather. Bye bye wind burn!

Ponce de Leon

Posted by cot477 on Mar 10, 2010

This is the fountain of youth. A pea-size drop, thinned with a drop or two of Nutiva coconut oil makes the perfect facial moisturizer - day or night. Not sticky, not greasy, just lovely. And you only smell like a leather jacket for a short bit. It's worth it.

R

Posted by Reviewer1209395 on Feb 10, 2009

A very effective base under my lipstick , especially when the weather is cold and dry. Also works beautifully on dry nails-just apply and buff.

Me gusta mucho

Posted by ROSSITA on Jan 28, 2014

Para enriquecer cremas para la piel, de todo tipo es ideal ********************* Más revisiones en mi cuenta. Marca el /Si/ abajo si te ha servido mi opinión

success

Posted by Reviewer1443388 on Mar 26, 2008

I use this product as hand mask. I coat my hands with it, leaving it on for approximately 5 minutes. I wash it off with hot soap and water. My hands feel smooth, soft and protected. I then dry my hands and immediately use hand cream over top of it. My hands never get dry or crack. My boyfriend l<3ves to use it on his hard worked hands, it really makes a difference.

Good Moisturizer

Posted by Reviewer1096625 on Sep 21, 2008

I have used the "solid" form of pure lanolin, and I found the liquid easier and more pleasant to use. Although the liquid is a "lighter" form of lanolin, it is still a "heavy" moisturizer; and a great natural alternative for very dry skin. A drop or two goes a long way.